Legal & Admin Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya,
The Company wishes to recruit a qualified and results oriented individual to fill the following position:
Job Title: LEGAL & ADMIN OFFICER (Nairobi),
Reports To: CHIEF OF STAFF,
- A degree in law (LLB) from a recognized university
- Diploma from Kenya school of law
- Advocate of the High Court.
- Diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent
Experience, Attributes & Skills
- 5 years’ experience in private corporate environment with a Unionized and Labor intensive layout
- Very strong understanding of labor laws, the constitution of Kenya (2010), the ILO conventions and the IDHR and their applications
- Proof of successfully handled corporate related and especially labor related matters.
- Demonstrable critical legal analysis
- Strong policy development and implementation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good case management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure delivering desired results
- Ability to work with teams and offer strong focused leadership
- Ability to multi task and keep high level confidentiality
- Strong understanding of the private security sector
- Be conversant with various ISO certifications
- The ideal candidate for the above position should also be a team player with drive and initiative and demonstrate ability to achieve results.
- Generally manage the company legal functions relating to various company activities
- Ensure the company compliance with statutory and regulatory guidelines
- Ensure that required licenses and/or permits/certificates are in place and are valid.
- Advise the management an HR Team on matters of employment laws & regulations
- Research and advise the management on evolving legal requirements/give legal opinions.
- Ensure that company cases are managed professionally for the best interest of the company
- Handle legal correspondence and liaise with external legal counsel/parties as necessary
- Attend court/tribunals on behalf of the company when need arises
- Assess and advise on matters to be settled out of court
- Minimize cases getting to court
- Assist in drafting & reviewing sales agreements and contracts
- Attend meetings that need legal related input
- Peruse and advise management on all other contract agreements relating to various parties before execution or for any other reasons
- Attend Court and give evidence on behalf of the company.
- Assist in preparation of witnesses whose evidence is required in support of the Company’s claims and defence.
- Keep a detailed record of all company legal activities
- Ensure that company policies and code of conduct are in line with the law.
- Manage and minimize legal related costs
- Submit quarterly legal reports to management
- Liaise and assist the HR team on a day to day basis in ensuring labor practices are in line with the law.
- Ensure any Company’s Trade Marks are properly registered and protected.
- The ideal candidate for the above position should also be a team player with drive and initiative and demonstrate ability to achieve results
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, who meet the above
criteria, should submit their applications with
detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates &
testimonials to be received on or before
through email address
[email protected] or
CHIEF OF STAFF
BOB MORGAN SECURITY SERVICES
P.O. BOX 21606- 00505