Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey.
The Role In Brief
The Local Affiliate Manager will oversee the development and management of the affiliation channel in Kenya You will ensure you recruit quality affiliates, getting them engaged, finding ways for them to promote the Company, and valuing the ones that bring in incremental revenue to ensure the Company gets a Return on Investments from the affiliation channel.
The main challenges are described as below:
- Analyzing affiliate channel performance, deriving best practices and providing recommendations
- Owning the affiliate channel strategy and leading the “hunting” and “closing” of new affiliate partner
- On-boarding and maintaining relationships with local partners. Ensuring their education and satisfaction
- Representing Jumia in new relationships with partners that require higher-touch moments of nurturing
- Negotiating commission structures with partners to ensure maximum ROI
- Working with the marketing department to create campaigns that attract potential affiliates
- Tracking affiliate campaigns to ensure they are within budget and maximum ROI is achieved
- Localize any central material to fit the local market, e.g., video tutorials, newsletters
- Working on ad-hoc projects in coordination with the central marketing team, CMO, or the Head of Performance Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, or related fields.
- Experience in marketing preferably digital marketing or ecommerce
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in marketing and web metrics. Google Analytics a plus
- High attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).