Mixologist Job, Hotel Job Vacancies Kenya 2021,
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Mixologist your job duties will include but not limited to:
- Mixing Drinks – You will make syrups, infusions, tinctures, mixed drinks, and cocktails of all types to fulfill customer orders and requirements
- Entertain and Educate Guests – You will entertain guests while mixing drinks, talking to customers about spirits and offering trivia and history about various alcohols to keep customers engaged and enjoying themselves
- Design New Beverage Menu Items – You will assist in crafting original beverage menu items and designing new, innovative cocktails using the ingredients that are already supplied by the company for which they work
- Clean and Organize Bar – You must keep the bar area clean and organized, maintaining all sanitation standards of the business and local food and beverage laws.
- Maintain Alcohol Inventory- You will be responsible for keeping the bar well stocked and fully supplied with alcohol, and for filling out inventory forms in order to replace items as needed.
- Follow Alcohol Laws – At all times, you must adhere to state laws regarding alcohol consumption by checking customer identification and cutting off customers who have had too much to drink.
- Make Drink Suggestions – You will suggest cocktails and mixed drinks to customers who are unsure about what they want to order.
- Prepare Garnishes – You will prepare all drink garnishes and keep the garnish station continuously stocked during their shifts.
Mixologist Skills and Qualifications
You must have good people skills to keep customers entertained in addition to extensive knowledge of alcohol and cocktails of all types. You will need the following skills as well;
- Customer service – You need to have excellent customer service and good people skills
- Salesmanship You need to be able to make suggestions to guests and attempt to upsell drink orders by offering more expensive brands of alcohol or costlier cocktails
- Communication skills – You will need to engage people at various marketing events as well as customers at the bar, you will be required to have good verbal communication skills
- Computer skills – You will need to have basic computer skills for the pos use and making requistions
- Physical stamina – Since you will spend most of your working hours on your feet and performing for guests by flipping glasses and making drinks with flourishing, entertaining movements you will need the physical ability to perform these tasks will find success in this career
How To Apply
Send your application to [email protected]