National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Position Title: Treasury Sales Dealer – Retail Sales
Job Ref No. HR/085/2021
1 Available Position
Location: Head Office
Reporting to: Head FX Sales & Trading
Position Scope: The job holder will be responsible for identifying FX opportunities and generating revenue through Retail and Islamic forex deals with Bank clientele in selected business sectors, manage foreign exchange margins, and transactional exchange rates applicable in the Bank’s delivery channels.
The job holder will also ensure efficient and effective service delivery of the full range of related treasury products and contribute to growth forex income for the Bank.
- Drive Treasury revenue through working closely with the Retail Divisions to coordinate Foreign Exchange Solutions
- Support the Retail Divisions in implementing of the treasury strategy by covering all treasury products and specified customer segments.
- Identify, target and market to new and existing customers with the aim of growing the Bank’s portfolio and meeting customers’ need.
- Market the various Treasury products and provide innovative solutions to existing and potential customers with a view to increase the wallet share (e.g. spot, forwards, swaps)
- Coordinate with other internal departments like Treasury back offices, Market Risk department, reconciliation on Forex issues.
- Actively manage individual call sheets, consistently updating/ reviewing the same regularly with a view to maximize returns and conversion of customers to long term relationships.
- Support consumer promotions for Treasury related products for Businesses units supported.
- Efficiently and effectively serve clients by prompt pricing, quality input on market trends and regular and proactive contact.
- Relay any important information/news to relevant parties promptly to manage risk and maximize gains.
- Weekly update of current trends in the foreign currency markets to the Branch network.
Education, Professional Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business/ Statistics/ Computer Science/Degree or any related degree.
- Master’s degree in any field will be an added advantage.
- Possession of ACI Dealing Certification is mandatory.
- At least Five (5) years’ experience in an active Treasury Sales environment with thorough knowledge of the end-to-end processes of Treasury products and services.
- General awareness of the current business trends and practices and good understanding of the financial services industry.
- Commercial awareness with thorough understanding of local and global market regulations applicable to foreign exchange.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria for the above role, please submit your CV and application letter to: [email protected]
Please indicate your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, submit your application on or before by Thursday, 23rd December 2021
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.