Operations Manager Job, Administration Jobs January 2021,
Job Title Operations Manager (Fmcg)
Nature Of Job Full Time
Salary Kshs 200,000.00
Job Location Mlolongo
Our client is a manufacturing company based at Mlolongo and is looking to hire an Operations Managerto help coordinate activities in the company and ensure smooth running of operations in all the departments. The incumbent should have experience infinance and accounting, operations, sales, marketing, human resources, research & development and production.
- Oversee daily activities in the company and ensure smooth operations
- Provide leadership and vision by assisting the managing director and staff with the development of long term and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on strategies
- Monitor industry legislative developments, develop and implement strategic changes in order to maintain compliance and maximize business performance;
- Spearhead the development, implementation, and maintaining budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Spearhead development, communication and implementation of a company strategic plan designed to grow the business.
- Spearhead operational objectives clearly and well communicated internally (staff and managing director) and externally (stakeholders)
- Ensure that the organization has the required resources necessary to fulfill its mission and achieve key objectives
- Provide the managing director with clear and logical understanding of business & people performance.
- Ensure that annual budgets are prepared, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Directors with regard to investment risk and return
- Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with the department heads
- Ensure all business activities are appropriately managed whilst maintaining key objectives and focus and mitigating adverse outcomes
- Ensure that the company is well regarded by its key stakeholders due to its professionalism, effectiveness, leadership and achievements.
Performance & process efficiency
- Provide leadership and ensure the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the organization
- Set and achieve key performance targets for: sales, delivery, cost, expenses and other measurements of operational performance;
- Spearhead high efficient systems to formulate performance measures, parameters and targets, in line with the business objectives agreed every year on performance review, with targets set for the subsequent year.
- Enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
Business Development & Management
- Spearhead the development and implementation of the annual sales and marketing strategic plan
- Identify, create, and develop new market opportunities, taking the lead on constructing a robust and successful business proposal that secure new deals, contracts and long term relationships
- Timely update and present competitors’ activities and provide market feed-back on new products, price changes, new launches, etc. to the top management (Director)
- Communicate operational/sales results, activities, etc. to Executive Management and provide recommendations and plans for ongoing improvement.
- Ensure that appropriate and effective marketing techniques, technologies and support services are developed and integrated into marketing plans and programmes.
- Support and lead company products sales, growth and continuous cost & quality improvements in the business
- Develop and maintain an excellent rapport with key stakeholders such as clients, suppliers, community organizations, regulatory bodies etc.
- Manage, negotiate and renew any partnership agreements with external vendors and suppliers and keep the Board of Directors informed on the progress and outcome.
- Ensure recruitment, onboarding, and training of high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Ensure areas of responsibility are delivered in a way that are consistent with the company’s goals and financial-cost improvement plans
- The ideal candidate will be energetic, appropriately qualified and experienced in the sector. They must be willing to be flexible
- A great communicator, and able to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to grow the business and develop own leadership and management skills further, as part of a growing the company.
- Self-Starter with plenty of initiative to innovate, change or develop old ideas into new opportunities and enjoys a fast paced exciting environment with a commitment to achieving results.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand market and business intelligence to make informed choices about business development
- Strong leadership qualities, be a team-player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent business acumen and financial skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of overall team structure
- Ability to develop and lead a sales team & passion for service quality;
- Excellent communicator that motivates and empowers others to stretch themselves and reach high goals.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a similar field – fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- Data driven, collaborative leadership, results oriented & courageous and determined
- Versatility to manage and execute across a multitude of functions
- MBA or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage
How to apply
- Qualifiedcandidates areencouragedtosend CVsquoting relevantskills andexperienceto [email protected]
- Interviews willbe conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
- Only the shortlistedcandidates willbecontacted