Location: Kilimani, Nairobi
Our client, a fashion design house, is looking for an Operations Manager to join their team.
Position Function :
To ensure smooth running and maximized efficiency of the company, and to develop and implement policies and procedures for each department to contribute to the company’s overall strategy. The position reports to and works closely with the Creative Director and all other functions report to the Operations Manager..
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Manage both raw materials and personnel
- Overseeing inventory, purchasing and supplies is central to the job.
- Determine needs, hire employees, oversee assignment of employees and planning staff development
- Assist in tracking KPI’s
- Oversee the overall look and feel of studio is maintained always
- Suggest any training needs and ways of implementation in-house or outsourced.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning and controlling costs and keeping the organization on track financially.
- Manage supply chain and other resources to help minimize costs of production.
- Study business forecasts, sales reports and financial statements to propose ways to maximize results.
- Improve efficiency in the company running
- Set goals and objectives and establish procedures and policies for various departments in the organization, based on overall company strategy and monitor progress
- Create sales forecasts and planning of sales promotions.
- Oversee production planning and scheduling
- Help promote a positive company culture where the work can get done and morale is high.
- Facilitate efficient communication between employees and departments.
- Resolve minor disputes or disagreements.
- Cooperate in high-level decision making with the Directors
- Work with internal and external clients, pitch designs, and understand client needs; this role is in conjunction with the Creative Director
- Attend client fittings
- Sign off on complete garments
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production
- Develop and manage productivity and to continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities
- Approve specification sheets (initially some guidance may be required to create a working system with the Assistant Designer
- Guide and oversee creating basic blocks for bridal (develop a system)
- Occasionally you will be required to come up with visual designs to support the design team
- Contribute to/comment on development creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand and proposition strategy
- Represent the company at events
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in similar capacity
- Minimum BA in related field
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience in a production environment is a plus
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to lead teams and projects from concept to completion
- Ability to supervise and develop employees
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work without supervision
How to Apply
Deadline : Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 14th February 2019
Correspondence : Detailed CV/resume to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.