- Company: KPMG
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
KPMG is a professional service company, being one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC. Seated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, KPMG employs 174,000 people and has three lines of services: audit, tax, and advisory.
The purpose of this role is to perform the duties of Oracle Fusion Platform Architect within the KPMG Advisory Business Unit locally and as part of the wider global KPMG Delivery Network (KDN).
The successful applicant will be a platform Architect and a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Oracle Fusion Platform solutions. This is a key role and the applicant would be accountable for the delivery of a robust and scalable Enterprise-wide platform architecture that will deliver on client’s strategic objectives and will ensure that solution architecture is developed in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture and Functional design of client requirements.
As part of KDN, successful candidates would be working on projects with KPMG member firms in many different countries. Initially the majority of the work would be remote, although the ability to travel for client projects across Africa, in Europe and further afield will be expected in the future.
Candidates should have a passion for exploring how Oracle Fusion applications can solve our clients’ practical business problems in a cost-effective way. Candidates should also be committed to working with KPMG teams to help ensure that the envisioned Oracle Fusion solution is delivered on time, on budget and at the required level of quality.
Key job duties or responsibilities:
Implementation / Project Delivery: Owns the functional and technical end-to-end solution:
- Serves as Oracle Fusion Platform capability lead and SME for architectural design escalation and resolution
- Ensures end-to-end solution cohesion and correctness.
- Designs and takes responsibility of the governance for an integrated system that meets the product-owner’s vision.
- Assesses the systems architecture currently in place and works with technical staff to continually improve it.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the team throughout the implementation to ensure accurate delivery of project plans.
- Addresses escalated engagement issues.
- Owns the specifications and requirements into the systems architecture.
- Assists the Product Owners / functional resources with requirements gathering and provides design guidance.
- Facilitates discussions with business and technical stakeholders to translate the critical business requirements and present a technical vision and solutions in the form of software products, customizations, and integrations.
- Provides regular updates on any developments in systems architecture projects.
- Articulate deep knowledge of the Oracle Fusion platform with a particular strength in identifying what can be delivered out of the box and when it is fitting to use custom development.
- Assist KDN Leadership to design and present high-impact messages to customer’s senior level management
- Ability to successfully communicate complex topics regarding solutions and related projects to audiences both with and without deep technical skills.
- Provides current best practices and solution alternatives as part of functional or technical design documents.
- Communicates effectively with clients, leads meetings and workshops.
Presales and Sales Support
- Leads proposal development effort, devises scope and owns estimates for sales proposals and statements of work.
- Provides technical platform expertise to cross border sales opportunities across the different countries.
- Researches continuously current and emerging technologies and proposes changes where needed.
- Supports identification of solution enhancements and new capabilities
Contribute to KPMG’s Global D365 Architect Community
- Specialist input and QA oversight of the regional sales and delivery opportunities
- Provides SME input and delivery oversight to local Oracle Fusion implementation engagements across the globe.
- Leads IP development, solution enhancement and limited cross border sales support in the architect community
- Assist the GDN Regional Deployment Lead with driving initiatives within the assigned KDN Region
- Provide solutioning support for multiple, local sales opportunities
- Mentoring and monitoring performance and development of Local architect teams
Critical Technical Skills or competencies
- Strong organisational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and writing to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficient at working in diverse multi-national teams
- Sound knowledge of Agile Methodology, DevOps, Configuration Management and Automation Tools.
- In-depth experience in areas such as, Oracle Fusion Cloud, Oracle Fusion Financials, Oracle Fusion CRM, Oracle Fusion HCM, Oracle Fusion Procurement, Oracle Fusion SCM, Oracle Fusion Projects, Integration Patterns, Object Oriented Design, Test Driven Development, DevOps.
- Good appreciation of Integration Patterns, Object Oriented Design, Test Driven Development, DevOps etc.
In-depth experience in any of the following areas:
- Oracle Fusion Cloud,
- Oracle Fusion Financials,
- Oracle Fusion CRM,
- Oracle Fusion HCM,
- Oracle Fusion Procurement,
- Oracle Fusion SCM,
- Oracle Fusion Projects etc
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related experience
- Preferred MBA or certification(s) in a business function
- Relevant Oracle Fusion certification
- Expertise with Digital Transformation programs
- Minimum 5 years of experience in implementing and leading cloud based managed services engagements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience specifically implementing and leading Oracle Fusion applications implementations.
- Proven track record of meeting SLA’s and meeting customer expectations
- Experience implementing technology solutions that drive functional transformation
- Understanding of the project life cycle and supporting activities
- Expert understanding of Project Management and Business Change Management
- Willingness to collaborate with the architectural community and travel as required
- Other Enterprise Architecture certifications for example TOGAF will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience with sales and delivery of either of the following – Oracle Fusion Finance, HCM, SCM, EPM, procurement etc. as well as implementation and participation in 3 or more implementations/support projects
- A fantastic opportunity to work in an exciting professional services firm on multi sectoral engagements.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.