- Company: Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (MRM)
- Location: Kenya
- State: - Athi RiverMachakos
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: - - Mabati Rolling Mills Limited Jobs in KenyaProcurement Jobs in KenyaStore-keeping Jobs in Kenya
Mabati Rolling Mills Ltd (MRM) is the flagship company of SAFAL GROUP, which is the leading manufacturer of flat and long steel products in Africa. Safal was incorporated to consolidate the operation of several allied companies in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, Angola and Malawi. The group’s companies have Galvanizing lines in Kenya , Uganda and Tanzania. We run the Aluminium -Zinc and Color Coating lines in Kenya, thus we are the first Company to implement the Aluminium-Zinc technology in Africa. In Kenya, the service centres are at Thika, Mombasa,Kisumu + Kisii.
- Effective co-ordination with Sales team for getting accurate forecast and ensure the availability of their material by coordinating with Production & Procurement function.
- Support the MRM Planning Manager in Sales and Operations Planning meetings, finding optimal solutions to potentially conflicting priorities of Sales and Production departments and keeping all stakeholders informed on progress against agreed plans
- Liaise with department managers throughout the BU to ascertain actual inventories and constraints as well as future goods flows of each department, so as to assure that planning outputs are accurate, realistic and relevant at all times.
- Align and develop S&OP Plan with BPP objectives and Sales forecast volumes.
- Expand the S&OP process to include tactical planning at least for quarter period
- Support the planning of introduction of New Products from successful launch until product retirement
- Manage and plan minimum stock balances to ensure supplier lead times and stock holding policies are maintained to avoid any stock outs.
- Reconcile Safety Stock policy for Make to Stock or Kanban items and avoid loss of sales if any.
- Ensure MRP system is working in line with the Sales volumes and re-order point to avoid any stock out situation.
- Adherence to production plan is tracked and monitor improvements.
- Month to month stability in plan and measure Forecast accuracy.
- Clearly communicate constraints that will effect customer delivery dates.
- Establish a well-maintained Master Data system and develop & implement technological solution to translates demand inputs to supply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain.
- Certified courses in Supply Chain.
- Member of IIMM / IFPSM / CIPS / APICS body.
- Work experience of 3 years in similar role with 5+ years in ERP based Supply Chain
- Preferred industry – Manufacturing, FMCG