PMO Lead Job, Current IT Jobs,
PMO Lead is responsible for significant, organization-wide projects, focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors and stakeholders. S/He will coordinate people, resources and processes to ensure that projects are delivered on time and produce the desired result. Leads the design, testing, planning, and implementation of complex projects.
- End to end direct responsibility of project implementation benefits realization and project prioritization.
- Familiarize self with Telkom Kenya’s strategic intent in respect to product offering and target clientele, as well as their specific requirements.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility while providing leadership and oversight to a team of technical program/project managers.
- Work with business sponsors to develop project roadmaps that align with business objectives/priority and take into account resource availability.
- Manage delivery schedules and budgets to ensure project delivery is on time, within scope and in budget.
- Establish project governance systems and protocols across the organization and ensure that these are applied across the board.
- Enforce quality gates in all the projects and programs within the domain
- Relationship management with clients and key stakeholders involved in project management.
- Prepare sound communication plans and manage information dissemination
- Oversee companywide training and coaching on Project Management
- Use of standard project methodology and tools to track progress against deliverables
- Manage third party and specialist resources assigned to projects
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks that may impact projects
- Prepare project status reports and steering committee presentations
- Oversee creation and maintenance of comprehensive project documentation throughout the project Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Manage team, ensuring achievement of goals, capability, and optimal deployment
- Resource allocation through coordination of internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, Telecommunications or related field
- Must be a fully qualified and accredited project manager (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in managing complex technical projects.
- Experience in telecoms required, but focus is on general understanding.
- Functional experience in the following fields is valuable in the role: organizational change, product / go-to-market strategy, distribution strategy, sales force effectiveness, customer experience / centricity / loyalty, business development, pricing, CAPEX planning, operational efficiency / process optimization.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills aligned to strong team leadership competencies.
- Project management
- Planning and organizing
- Business process analysis/modeling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with clearly demonstrated methodologies to keep project teams and stakeholders well informed.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong business, financial acumen commercial experience.
How To Apply
Application should be sent to [email protected] by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 23rd December 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE