- Company: KCIC Consulting
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - KCIC Consulting Jobs in KenyaSales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
KCL enjoys a wide regional presence particularly within the East, West, and Southern Africa. We have implemented capacity building, business development and market access projects for SMEs in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, South Africa, Ghana, Ethiopia, and South Sudan. Our team of experts bring together combined experience in enterprise development, sustainability, fundraising, capacity building, research, among others within the wider Agricultural, Energy, Waste management, Water resource management, and Commercial forestry sectors.
- Provide leadership and lead Practice-level Private Sector Practice. Develop PSD strategy and lead its implementation. Provide thought leadership for the practice.
- Manager, PSD will pro-actively grow and deepen relationships with corporates, DFIs, and foundations. Convene the right stakeholders, and rapidly implement and scale solutions. Will work to identify, market, and fundraise for partnerships and programs by assisting in developing various concept notes and lead co-creation processes; identify enterprise development opportunities to fill gaps in the broader development ecosystem; and provide high quality consulting services that are of interest to both current and prospective clients. Ideal candidates will blend strategic, analytical thinking, project management with business modeling, and value proposition to structure successful partnerships and craft winning proposals.
- Lead the project execution team and provide leadership in ensuring overall quality and timely delivery of various projects.
- Design, launch and monitor private sector development projects.
- Work closely with private sector entities in problem analysis and evolve sustainable solutions.
- Creating relations with financial institutions and through an investor, readiness approaches help enterprises in accessing finance.
- Design and Conduct Development Programs on thematic contents including agri-business, water, waste, commercial forestry, and renewable energy sectors.
- Facilitation of PPPs in national and international development space.
- Assist stakeholders in structuring PPPs and outreach programs in the private sector.
- Conceiving and Managing CSR projects on development themes and conducting results measurement and impact assessment of projects.
- Research on subjects of enterprise development, green financing.
- Actively lead the development of business proposals (technical proposal, concept notes, co-creation strategies) within the country and at the regional level.
- Build a network of professional business contacts within KCL’s industry; negotiate partnership arrangements and budgets; and coordinate teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with potential partners.
- Monitor trends and business intelligence across the PSD sector, identifying sector-specific and cross-cutting opportunities for partnership.
- Engage with private sector partners to identify problems/opportunities within their value chains and to co-create solutions to those problems – improving efficiency and profitability for those partners while ensuring social impact.
- Maintain relationship management and organizational databases and conduct analysis of Pact’s proposal development activities.
- Represent KCL at various conferences, Industry Associations /Trade bodies and promote company brand and services.
Marketing and Communication Materials:
- In coordination with the communications team, develop messages and marketing materials for clients and partners. The materials need to be custom-made depending on the need.
- Assist in preparing content for the website and social media outlets, such as staff bios, blog posts, news announcements, new wins.
- Manage internal knowledge management resources, such as project reports, opportunities pipeline, bids compliance documents, CVs, capability statements, reference letters, testimonials, etc.
- Maintaining timesheets for activities and work done.
- Ensure timely billing and collections.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (Development studies, sustainable development, economics, entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Professional certification in relevant fields will be preferred.
- Active and demonstrated network with corporate and foundation relationships, including CSR and shared value professionals.
- Expertise in one or more of KCL’s areas.
- Experience in international development (e.g., program delivery)
- Working knowledge and understanding of international development donor policies and regulations.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Google platforms, and other online collaboration tools.
- At Least 8 years of experience in a master systems approach, enterprise development, corporate social responsibility, international development, and/or partnership building.
- Significant prior experience in proposal development across a range of funders and technical areas.
- Have led and implemented projects within the private sector development.
- Strong capabilities in writing, research, planning and time management, and organisation with a problem-solving orientation.
- Ability to produce high-quality products quickly and efficiently with outstanding writing and editing skills, attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of climate change issues.