- Company: Sanergy
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Process Engineer 5 who will work on the design and construction of East Africa’s largest organics recycling facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of engineers to design organic waste bioconversion facilities
- Develop project timelines, budgets, resources, and activities required to achieve the yearly goals
- Perform design calculations for various engineering problem
- Review vendor drawings and provide technical feedback to ensure specifications are met
- Review controls and/or electrical plans for various equipment
- Review processing engineering deliverables (BFDs, PFDs, Mass Balances, P&IDs)
- Provide engineering input to civil and architectural drawings
- Support the organization through assembling needed project information, tools and work documents to industry standards in a timely manner
- Lead meetings with vendors and engineering consultants
- Prepare operating guidelines commissioning test forms, equipment checklists and commissioning reports and maintain commissioning issues lists
- Along with the vendor, perform factory acceptance testing, test and balance activities, and functional performance tests
- Responsible for the technical quality and accuracy of work developed by the team
- Develop clear and transparent communication channels with other staff including Engineers, Project Manager, and Administration Staff.
- Lead and manage the installation and commissioning of various industrial equipment
- Troubleshoot system operational issues that impact system operation, safety, and reliability
- Provide hands-on field expert level support for construction
- Perform field inspections to ensure construction meets the design specifications
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and design of processing units, equipment, waste treatment facility
- Demonstrated working knowledge of how multi-disciplinary engineering team functions
- Demonstrated working knowledge or interest in the operation of Boilers, Chillers, water treatment, Pumps, waste treatment and Control Systems is preferred.
- Experience in operating factories in the waste sector is preferred
- Experience in commissioning various mechanical and electrical systems
- Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent Sanergy in an ethical and professional manner.
- Ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team, set priorities, handle budgets and provide constructive feedback to junior members
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE