- Company: Safaricom Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Safaricom Jobs in KenyaSales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Product Manager – Marketplace within Consumer Business Unit. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Tribe Lead – Digital Services. The position holder will serve the below role purpose;
- Build and manage high quality product roadmaps based on your vision and strategy
- Define the Vision so that the development team clearly visualize the expected outcome by the user and manage the product backlog
- Prioritize the Product Backlog to best achieve goals, missions and maximum outcomes.
- Oversee development to make sure that he/she is participating in the overall development stages of the product.
- Understand the market, the competition, and the users’ pain points and use the information to determine what features should be implemented.
- Partnering with local and global brands to identify and influence development of new products and services.
- Incorporate benchmarking information as well as best practices and lessons learned from to define best-in-class customer experience
- Participates in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Agree with the business and all stakeholders on the Product roadmap and deliverables for each quarter and drive innovation
- Deliver a stable and in best in class customer experience
- Acquisition and usage of the Product by ensuring the channel is relevant, engaging and accessible
- Analyze customer insights, usage patterns, competition activities, and market scenario to draw insights into customer usage /behavior to design and optimize the product
- Develop the commercial case and secure commercial approvals for the Product
- Oversee the Product commercial plan deliverables by working with Stakeholders and prepare and update all documents.
- Present Formal product commercial performance in weekly and monthly reviews (Customers, Transactions, penetration Revenues, tNPS, ARPU etc.
- Work closely with other stakeholders including the brand and segment team to define a clear and precise Go To Market strategy and channel engagement including visibility requirements
- Upper second class degree in Business or Commerce from a recognized University
- 5 years working experience in Telecom
- Marketplace product Experience
- Experience building app stores or integration platforms
- High level knowledge of Commercial knowledge