Quality Control & Agricultural Marketing Internships, Internships In Kenya, Agricultural Jobs
Title: Quality Control and Agricultural Marketing Intern
Gross Salary: 25k
Our client is a startup fresh fruits and vegetables processing company. They seek to hire a Quality Control and Agricultural Marketing Intern. Who will support management in marketing as well as implementation of food safety and food quality processes and procedures.
- Ensure that product specifications are always communicated to the suppliers and buying teams and that all quality parameters are always met during buying.\
- Ensure that the “cold chain” is not broken during transportation of items that need to remain refrigerated.
- Ensure that workers at the pack house wear wearing hairnets, maintain hygiene through hand washing and taking other measures to prevent food contamination.
- Ensure that machinery and facilities are cleaned and sterilized properly.
- Ensure that work is done safely and accidents are reported as soon as they occur.
- Ensure that food is packaged and shipped in a way that will prevent spoiling.
- Ensure that products are cleaned properly, ensuring that non-food materials are removed.
- Training of employees on proper working procedures.
- Ensure that pests are controlled at facilities.
- Implement the organization Quality Management System for all food handling processes.
- Collect and interpret food quality data and report deviations.
- Supervise a small team of processing and logistics personnel.
- Receive orders from customers and ensure that customer specifications are always met and complaints addressed on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in in post-harvest agro-food management
- At least 2 years experience as a Quality Control and Agricultural Marketer
- Must be very dedicated and honest.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must pay attention to details and be keen to meet the highest standards in quality
- Must demonstrate high interest in customers and attention to their needs
- Must be innovative, ambitious and a team player.
- Must be focused, flexible, engaging and collaborative.
- Must be self-driven and have a clear demonstration of self-learning
- Demonstrate Leadership Skills, creativity, critical thinking and versatility.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Quality Control and Agricultural Marketing Intern) to [email protected] before 30th October 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.ADVERTISE your job vacancy with us & reach over 500,000 qualified Kenyans in our database.