- Company: Optiven Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Optiven Limited is a real estate company. We are founded to provide value added plots for sale and offer real estate solution to the African community. As market leaders in this industry, we sell clean land with valid title deeds. With an extensive working experience, we ensure that we deliver. Our Patners are experienced and the staff professional, we provide full customer focus to each client. We guarantee delivery for any requirements and enquiry.
We seek to recruit Self-Driven and Enthusiastic persons to fill the vacant positions of Receivable Officer to assist our Finance & Accounting Department in collections of products sold and services rendered to our customers.
To be successful in this role, the applicants should be skilled and thorough researchers with excellent communication and record-keeping skills. They should be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills. The ideal candidates should also be patient and cool-tempered to deal with aggressiveness and complaints.
- Collect outstanding debts from clients and achieve collection target to ensure positive cash flow.
- Maintain debtor’s book to ensure that the debt status is accurate and latest.
- Develop reports on aged debt accounts and days sales outstanding (DSO) reports.
- Monitor slow moving accounts to identify delinquent debts and take necessary action to recover the debts.
- Review collection queue to perform collection activities accordingly.
- Adhere to customer policies and procedures.
- Close a specific number of collection accounts each month to meet assigned targets and maintaining a high level of customer retention.
- Contact debtors and implement repayment schedules and terms.
- Advise customers on their payment options and suggest for them methods of payments.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of company and customer information.
- Attend educational programs for professional growth and skill development.
- Follow up on invoices submitted to ensure prompt and timely payment
- Evaluates payments/denials received for correctness and ensures that they are applied appropriately.
- Identify bad debt write-offs and Account Receivable adjustments in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales team.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or a closely related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Credit management and also have worked in a Banking setup or a Micro finance institution.
- Attention to detail and very well organized with great communication skills.
- Ability to Plan ahead and work with Large Data.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical, research, organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Familiarity with Debt Collection Laws.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment such as computers, scientific calculator, and copiers.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.
- Skilled in negotiation and dealing with complaints.
- Strong sense of responsibility and urgency.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent customer service skills.