- Company: Emerging Talent
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Business Development
Emerging Talent is an international search firm, dedicated to the African marketplace. We use strategic recruitment methods to deliver hand-picked candidates that possess the right skills, experience and culture fit to ensure your organization blossoms.
Emerging Talent is working on behalf of one of the fastest-growing and most disruptive tech start-ups in Africa. The Regional Director is critical for the success of the business and will report to and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer in strategy development and execution in the Southern African market.
We are seeking a seasoned business development leader that has cut his/her teeth, growing through the ranks in closing high ticket size deals with multinationals and leading high-performing business development teams in the Advertising industry. The ideal candidate would be coming from an ex-co position in leading advertising agencies in the region.
Their core responsibilities will be driving business development initiatives with leading advertisers, building the Southern Africa market pipeline to grow our business, establishing and strengthening our position. Additionally, they will lead a high-performing business development team through our next phase of growth across the region.
This role is predominantly client-facing. The candidate will be a highly skilled and experienced senior or C- level business development leader preferably from an advertising background.
What you will do:
Business development and sales management
- Grow our footprint in the Southern Africa region, develop business and increase profitability for the company against set KPIs
- Build the salesforce strategy and long-term roadmap for major partnerships (e.g. new country expansion, technology, and tooling, pipeline management)
- Own end-to-end deal cycles with clients across a range of projects and countries
- Deliver exceptional relationship management to existing clients and partners
- Craft tailored content, including presentations, proposals, and budgets
- Manage and scale pipeline/portfolio of brand and development/NGO clients
- Build & own processes to streamline pipeline management
- Inform direction on research collaborations and thought leadership by capturing and communicating institutions? requirements around data and impact insights
Strategic leadership and management of the regional team
- Overall leadership of the regional office within the parameters of our global strategy.
- Recruiting and managing teams including performance monitoring, mentorship, and training.
- Creating and managing annual budgets
- Strong and supportive leadership of the regional team creating and nurturing an environment that supports high performance, learning, and teamwork at all levels
- Business operation planning, including setting and achieving ambitious KPIs
- Performance reporting
- Extensive knowledge and 8 – 12 years experience in the Advertising Industry in the Southern Africa Region
- Background in C level business development team leader in Advertising in blue-chip agencies in the region
- Possess a strong business acumen with a deep understanding of how businesses operate both generally and in the Southern Africa region.
- Robust business relationships with the Ad agency community
- Proven track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets of USD 5 million and above
- Demonstrable ability to seek out business opportunities and drive growth
- Ability to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
- Experience in talent acquisition and development of high performing teams
- Ability to drive stakeholder mapping, develop relationships with senior stakeholders, and maintain a network of relationships to promote partnerships and fundraising goals
- The successful candidate must be based in Johannesburg, South Africa
Desired Qualifications (Added advantage)
- Master’s degree in a business-related course
- General management experience
- B2B Technology/SaaS sales experience
- Best in breed sales training
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Highly organized, analytical, innovative, and result-oriented
- Excellent networking, selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Great relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams spread across different territories
Why you should join us
- An attractive remuneration package on a base plus commission structure
- Stock options will be preferred to the right candidate
- Friendly and inclusive work culture