Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 14 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Jumia Food is an online food ordering site that allows consumers to conveniently order meals of their choice from their preferred restaurants and have them delivered straight to their home / office. We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Jumia Food is recruiting for a Head of Vendor Relationship Management Africa to join the central team, this role being based in Nairobi, Kenya . We seek a passionate, high performing individual to support the central and local teams in improving vendor experience, performance and engagement. We’re a fast-growing company so you’ll get the opportunity to work on a wide range of ideas and see your projects through to completion. You will report to the Head of Operations for Africa.
- Drive the performance of vendor management across Africa, keeping customer experience and satisfaction as the ultimate priority.
- Collaborate with account managers and sales managers on maximizing the experience of our vendors through targeted operational and commercial projects.
- As a leader in the business, you will be expected to define and share best practices across our 11 markets.
- Turn in-depth analysis of performance metrics to inform strategy and action.
- Hosting regular training with local teams in order to increase output, covering topics such as vendor education, negotiation and tech advances.
- Refine our vendor portfolio management structure in order to increase customer and vendor experience.
- Work with other departments such as marketing, product and finance operations in order to execute key projects to improve vendor and customer experience.
- You are action and results oriented, with a keen focus on structure and organization.
- Astonishing analytical skills, you start every project by looking at what we know from our data.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills: convince people that you are making the right decisions.
- Team leader and strong commercial sense.
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectation.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail which you’ll demonstrate by mentioning your favourite food in your application.
- Tier 1 Business / Engineering Schools and Universities.
- More than 3 years relevant experience in ecommerce and/or related industries, with a proven track record of managing relationships and/or projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel (VBA would be plus).
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take