- Company: Britam
- Location: Kenya
- State: Mombasa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Business DevelopmentRetail Jobs in KenyaSales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property. Our Mission is to provide outstanding financial services to our customers. Our Vision is to be the most trusted financial service partner. We aim to provide our clients, with an unmatched offering, ensuring first class solutions that help secure the future.
Growth of IFA business to meet set annual premium targets
- Secure new business through intermediaries
- Retain existing business as per set objectives
- Maintain excellent customer service to intermediaries and clients
- Service existing business and resolve customer complaints
- Follow up on renewals for general insurance business
- Forward proposal forms to underwriting department
- Follow up premium collections
- Prepare weekly and daily reports as required
- Undertake initial underwriting in accordance with set guidelines to ensure sound acceptance of risk
- Respond to customer and client enquiries
- Follow up on commissions and claims issues emanating from intermediaries
- Recruitment of intermediaries as per set objectives
- Conversion of FA’s in branches to ensure all are placing general insurance business
- Continuous execution of initiatives and strategies per branch to ensure meeting of set objectives and reviewing them where need be.
- Training of intermediaries on general insurance products and submitting training schedules to supervisors.
- Use authorised incentive scheme to bring in new business through training intermediaries on the same and marketing it.
- Creating strategic partnerships with intermediaries for maximum business support.
- Sharing of market intelligence with supervisor
- Work closely with underwriter and branch manager to achieve set objectives
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelors’ degree in a business related field
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, IIK)
- 2-4 year’s relevant experience in the insurance industry