Line Of Business: Retail
Work Location: Nairobi
- To manage and lead the Operations Support Team (OST) to support and coordinate the operation of CO and DO platforms, and support/roll-out of streamlined sales & operations processes.
- Business Planning and monthly reviews to sustain appropriate focus for delivery of planned results.
- Ensure that systems are in place to support the Sales Team to deliver their targets.
- Providing assurance of full compliance with the governance in Operating Platforms, while sharing the learning in the management of the covered network to improve the operating platforms processes and policy.
- Manage all Card Back Office operations and ensure all controls are in place to de risk and support growth of our client Card.
People: Coach and support Sales Support Team to meet T&R. This includes,
- Retailer Master Planning (RMP) – match right retailers with sites so as to maximize individual site performance. The master plan is a detailed Retailer Ranking & Classification which identifies retailers to be supported/developed and those to be managed out and replaced.
- Retailer recruitment and Selection. Arising from RMP retailers to be managed out are replaced through a robust recruitment & selection process.
- Generation of daily sales reports to monitor individual site performance vs plan to enable Sales Team carry out prompt intervention against underperformance.
- Weekly margin performance reports to inform pricing decisions against available product batches.
- Weekly/monthly review of MMP performance and to carry out training interventions to close training related gaps.
Retail Focal Point with all Client internal business partners including interface with,
- CSC. Back office for the Sales Team –
- Attending to customer issues escalated by CSC. This includes account hold issues, pre-discharge queries raised by retailers during product delivery.
- Master Reference Data (MRD) approvals of new account set ups and amendments.
- Marketing – carrying out of business case analysis for new marketing initiatives and provision of input data for PIR reviews.
- Network Planning & Engineering. Support in the detailed analysis of new investments, NTIs and NTVs. This includes attending to action points arising from IROPS (Individual Site Profitability Statements). Monthly review of PoS (Maintenance & Property Rents/rates) costs vs plan
- Supply. Provision of Retail monthly demand forecasts and attending actions agreed during monthly S&OP meetings. Counterchecking of ERC prices vs expectation to confirm delivery of gross margin within ERC price ceilings.
- Distribution. Analytical support to support optimization of transport fleet through provision of detailed volumes to be delivered to sites and suitable drop sizes. Interface with Scheduling Team to advise product prioritization during product shortages.
- Finance. Retail focal point for monthly business review meetings- responsible for detailed review of Retail results and commentary on volume, margin and cost performance. Also responsible for detailed review of Retail opex vs plan and to advise Retail team on appropriate action to prevent cost overruns.
Our client Card Back Office support:
- Controls and assurance of full compliance and support to the card sales team to facilitate sustainable growth.
- Manage seamless end to end card back office support including POS and Cards Reconciliations.
- Responsible for ensuring all Retailers and Card Customers operate with Valid Contracts and further ensure safe Custody of these Contracts.
- Demonstration of the aspired Enterprise First behaviours (Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork) and our client’s core values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for People)
- Strong leadership of a winning Operations Support Team (OST).
- Strong team member with excellent communications skills
- Broad Retail experience and Competence, particularly in Sales & Operations
- Demonstrable competence in managing a winning OST, implementing standard processes, achieving OPEX targets, building relationships with Retailers.
How to Apply