Sales Account Manager Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Kempinski Hotel Jobs
Reporting to the Director of Sales / Director of Sales and Marketing, the candidate will be responsible for managing Corporate or Group accounts within the Sales & Marketing department and possibly working with corporate, conference-meeting-incentive organizers/DMC for individual and group bookings.
He / She will ensure proper management of the assigned group of agencies and following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of group & travel trade segments through existing clientele and key prospects.The candidate will also Cooperate with the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing in reaching the targeted goals as defined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
Villa Rosa Kempinski
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
- Solicit existing and potential customers and follow up established accounts on regular basis by phone, by correspondence or by personal contact.
- Set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing and site inspections to all existing and potential accounts from corporate commercial accounts.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
- Negotiate with all customers and send out offers/contracts regarding individual and group business.
- Follow the sales and marketing results and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Explore industry related data, new developments in certain agencies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be interest and benefit of the hotel and to distribute this information to their colleagues.
- Entertain decision makers of the Clients in the F & B outlets of the hotel and to take part in promotional activities with them.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.) Also explore and compare FIT and Group traffic (who is accommodating guests in which hotel) amongst the competitors.
- Bring ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, other promotional activities and invitation lists.
- When necessary, handle the group and individual reservation requests personally.
- Maintain the existence of an efficient customer database system (SFA) which will be capable of identifying report sales calls and other sales activities and carry out updating exercise in certain periods of time.
- Update customers with the latest developments in the hotel and informs hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- Participate preparing the sales action plans, attending sales meetings, developing new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department and/or F&B.
- Take part in sales training programs, trade fairs / shows, sales blitzes and fam trips assigned by the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Keep themselves updated with the latest developments in the hotel including all activities, promotions, rates of the Hotel and the other chain hotels.
- Keep department superiors informed of all changes in the customer profile.
- Prepare reports of each sales calls covering information about the company, their comments, requirements, complaints, of their customers etc.
- Cover assigned accounts in a designated Segment or geographic area and visit them at least twice annually.
- Cross selling other Kempinski Hotels in the Area and Globally.
- On weekly basis, prepare an activity report which will cover sales call reports, site inspections, fam trips, new agencies, meetings, entertainment and other functions they participated in during the week and presents to Sales Director.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- University/College/Tertiary level education required.
- Previous experience in luxury hotels is required.
- 3 years experience in Group & Event , Reservations or Sales.
- Experience in a similar role and proven track record may be considered in lieu of specialised education.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Opera.
- Knowledge in a foreign language will be a distinct advantage.
- Presentable, well spoken individual.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Fluent speech skills.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.