Sales Associate Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, BitPesa Jobs
Title: Sales Associate
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Head of East and Southern African Sales
BitPesa is a digital foreign exchange and treasury solution that leverages cutting edge technology to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets. With our API and white label products, our partners utilize our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, BitPesa is a market-maker in every major African currency and opens corridors for business payments and trade between frontier markets and the rest of the world. Launched in Nairobi, BitPesa now has offices in Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, and Dakar.
Our company values are Accountability, Customer-Centricity, Resiliency, Creativity, Teamwork.
As the Sales Associate, you will be responsible for lead generation and onboarding/helping close sales leads in Uganda and Tanzania for BitPesa’s cross-border payments services/products. In this role, you will support the Sales Team in new customer acquisition within Uganda and Tanzania. We’re looking for an ambitious young professional, with the relevant experience and skills, to help BitPesa penetrate the Uganda and Tanzania market by selling our cross-border payment products and services. This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital F/X company to the next level.
- Actively generate viable leads that satisfy internal criteria and KPIs
- Complete onboarding to help close new prospects adhering to team goals
- Implement creative and modern techniques to generate viable leads across the regions.
- Effectively support the Sales Team by collaborating with key external and internal stakeholders to move deals forward in the sales process (working with Compliance, Treasury, Product).
- Help ensure client portfolio grows while being diversified, stable and profitable.
- Regularly update the sales pipeline (CRM) with client engagement status.
- Develop competitive analysis to identify market trends, customer needs and pricing/rate structure across the industry.
- Adhere to the sales process set out by the company to acquire clients.
- Develop and follow quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans with specific, measurable goals.
- Develop a holistic Lead Generation Plan across various target segments and industries identifying “quick wins” versus “longer sales cycles”
- Liaise with Compliance to collect required documents from clients and ensure account approval is completed in a timely manner with all the necessary compliance checks.
- Keep sales pipeline (CRM) up to date with excellent lead and process management to clearly identify status and success during the sales process.
- Create reports to present sales data/trends for the team and management.
- Assist with implementing sales strategies and plans including but not limited to specific marketing campaigns and marketing penetration strategies.
- Young professional who is ambitious and passionate with a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a relevant role
- Ability to understand and help promote the customer-centric vision at BitPesa.
- Quantitative individual with a love for numbers and data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications (written and oral), public speaking, presentation, and listening skills.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills with ensuring nothing falls through the cracks
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills and experience in using CRM software is a plus
- Passionate about our mission to develop innovative digital payment and treasury management solutions to help businesses scale in frontier markets
- You’re persevering and willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done
- Willingness to be based in either Uganda or Tanzania
Why work for us?
- Competitive remuneration
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as less paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
- …and more!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the above role, click here to apply.