Job Title: Sales & Logistics Surveyor
Reports to: Director
Client: Multinational Moving Company
Job Location: Nairobi
Gross Salary: KES 80,000 – 120,000.
Job Purpose: To accurately survey the volume of household goods shipments, educate potential clients, sell moving services and provide excellent customer service to assure the client chooses the company as their preferred moving company.
Our client is a moving company with operations in several countries in Africa.
They seek to hire an organized individual to supervise all warehouse and transport operations on behalf of the company.
- Accurately estimate the volume of a household goods consignment.
- Sell the household goods moving services products for exports, imports, domestic, storage and business moving services.
- Provide customers with reliable and useful information regarding the (domestic and/or international) moving process.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to ensure customer issues are resolved.
- Carry out pre-move surveys anywhere in the country that are booked and scheduled by Sales, Move Coordinators or the Operations Manager.
- Estimate accurately.
- Work closely with the quoting department to ensure accurate quotes are generated for the potential client.
- Ensure all proposals are sent to potential clients within 48 hours of completion of survey.
- Routinely and systematically follow-up on all surveys and convert a minimum of 55% of all completed surveys as well as total surveyed volume / revenue potential.
- Document all survey and customer data in the company system.
- Liaise with the sales team, customer care manager and operations manager to ensure that all information relating to a booked move is being noted and any special requirements taken into account.
- Ensure the maintenance of effective relationships with clients.
- Ensure superior customer service delivery at all times and to maintain personal presentation and customer service ethics of the highest standards.
- Prepare internal documentation as required ensuring that the operations department is correctly advised of packing and uplift of export consignments.
- Attend sales, operational and review meetings as necessary to analyze sales and operational performances in comparison to planned objective
- Attend and participate in (department) meetings as required.
- Minimum Five (5) years moving and/or sales experience preferred.
- Packing experience – especially for fine arts and/or antiques – preferred.
- Strong sales and customer service skills are essential.
- Valid driving license
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Preference for college graduate or equivalent.
- Strong level of computer knowledge / literacy.
- Attention to detail; strong math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization.
- Strong personal and professional presentation styles.
- Ability to operate a tablet PC during face-to-face home surveys.
How to Apply
Qualified & Interested candidates should send their application along with detailed CV indicating their daytime contact details to [email protected] by Thursday, 8th July 2021.
The subject of the email should be Sales & Logistics Surveyor.