Innovations Manager Jobs, Engineering Kenya Jobs,
We are seeking to hire an Innovations Manager for the Innovations team which is responsible for designing citywide sanitation products and services for scaling Sanergy’s operations, with the goal of maximizing the number of people served through cost neutral or profitable solutions. To achieve these goals, the Innovations team supports two key work streams:
- New Products & Services – Identify and pilot new sanitation products and services that enable us to reach more people and safely manage more waste.
- Existing Product, Services and Processes – Improve existing product, services and processes in line with evolving market needs and internal growth and efficiency targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Director of Innovations and in close coordination with the senior leadership team to develop a strategy for the new product and services workstreams to meet our growth and efficiency targets.
- Define key evaluation metrics to determine which innovation initiatives should be prioritized based on cost effectiveness, feasibility, and opportunity for scale
- Pilot and operationalize opportunities to optimize revenue streams through existing channels and/or new channels and through partnerships
- Pilot and operationalize opportunities to optimize product and service costs through incremental innovations
- Drive improvements in customer insight by combining existing data with a deep understanding of user needs, habits, and perceptions developed through targeted interviews, usability studies, and customer feedback
- Support development of framework and analysis to determine market expansion priorities and timelines
- In close collaboration with Sales, Logistics, Strategic Projects, and Finance, design and implement tests that generate the necessary data to make strategic decisions about our innovations strategy
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant subject or an equivalent combination of Bachelor;s degree with 4 years experience in a technical discipline (Science, Engineering)
- 3+ years of related industry experience to include product management/development, R&D, operations management and/or field-level implementation
- Applied experience in human centered design implementing innovative solutions to technical challenges
- Leads by example and sets the environment for taking risks within the organization by addressing constraints and enabling resources.
- Inspires others and takes accountability for an innovation pipeline by championing and discerning new and creative approaches.
- Experience leading a team
- Strong facilitation, consultation and convening skills and experience. Training experience is a plus
How to Apply