Accounting Jobs In Kenya.
Senior Accountant Role
For the first time in Africa, gig economy workers in the ride-hailing space are able to access bespoke financial services that powers their work, drives productivity and allow them to earn more from their work.
About the role
At Imalipay, seeking to hire a Senior Accountant- Kenya. They will be tasked to ensure timely preparation of financial reports, formulating & Implementing internal controls, and prescribed finance processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor cash and sales daily reconciliation of Cash, and other payment control accounts to ensure alignment of sales to inflows received in the bank statement.
- Responsible for monitoring availability of funds, monitoring all bank balances and requesting funds transfers.
- Perform treasury functions including handling and controlling of payments and handling of cash.
- Monitor receivable and payable accounts to ensure timely availability and efficient utilization of funds in meeting business requirements.
- Provide professional advice as regards the management of excess cash, cash flow forecasts and investment management.
Budget and Budgeting Control
- Engage all stakeholders in the preparation of the business’ budgeting and budgetary control document to achieve the agreed corporate objectives.
- Monitor, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Periodically review key business activity and performance reports and makes recommendations.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable and payable ledger to ensure all deposits and payments are captured and properly posted.
- Gather and analyze data to ensure financial statements, bank reconciliations, benefits deductions and other accounting related activities are statutorily and legally appropriate.
- Manage, track and maintain the petty cash imprest and ensure that reconciliations are done weekly.
- Ensure accurate reconciliation of all transactions to ensure timely completion of financial reports.
- Work with internal and external auditors during the preparation of annual audited financial statements and tax inspections.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly and yearly tax reports and ensure 100% remittance of all tax and statutory obligations are done on time.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports in line with IFRS policies and procedures and present to the board members, stakeholders and executives.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long term and short-term decision making.
- Improve overall financial reporting by redesigning control processes and reporting structures.
- Develop, maintain and sustain positive business relationship with existing clients, managers and third-party stakeholders.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a relevant field.
- Professional certification (ACCA, ICAN) is a must or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years in a similar position.
- Experience in startups or start-up development activities is a plus.
- Experience in Fintech is an advantage.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent financial management, administration & record keeping skills.
- Experienced in using accounting software- (QuickBooks, Peachtree, SAGE 360).
- Advanced Excel skills.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and information to stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Strong analytical, financial reporting, and presentation skills
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well-thought-out decisions.
- Budget management skills
- The ability to understand external and internal trends & changes and advise on appropriate strategic and operational responses.
- Highly trustworthy, discreet and ethical.
- Start-up compatibility, hands-on mentality, integrity and dependability
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of April 8th, 2022
Imalipay is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. .
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .