Uplands Premium Dairies and Foods Limited is a fast growing FMCG company based in Kiambu, Kenya. We process High quality dairy products available through the country. The company currently processes several popular Premium brands under successful brand names each with their own identity in the market, and flagship “Pascha”
We seek to recruit a Senior Accountant
Location: Kagwe, Kiambu
Nature of Job: Full Time
He/She will provide financial, and administrative support. To ensure efficient, timely and accurate operations achievement in coordination with the finance manager and output optimization at the department.
Reporting to : Finance Manager
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
- Maintenance of asset registers Ensuring month end/procedures are carried out for tax valuations and depreciations
- Oversee accurate, complete and timely processing and posting of information into the financial system.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and lead the department’s efforts to integrate fixed asset register to general ledger
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Compute and prepare monthly standard levy payment and returns.
- Review and endorse reconciliation of withholding tax for payment.
- Liaise and follow up with tax consultant on instalment and final taxes and also discussions on tax computations.
- Assisting in monitoring monthly expenditure vs. budget
- Preparing monthly operating statements for local management.
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger, petty cash and bank accounts
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts and process supplier invoices
- Maintain the purchase order systems and financial file record keeping
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Maintain and reconcile the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all monies
- Prepare accurate journal summaries on a monthly basis
- Prepares the weekly creditors report to aid Management in decision – making.
- Manage the filing, storage and security of financial documents.
- Computation of rebate and variable Pay
- Computation of Commissions
- Setting of Sales and collection targets
- Preparing statutory quarterly and annual statements.
- Prepare cheques for all accounts due within the specified timelines.
- Preparing and submission of VAT returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, and business with a CPA (K) required.
- 3 + years of experience in similar position; experience with operations in a FMCG company preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Experience using financial management software – Pastel, preparing financial statements, and managing tax preparation and submission.
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work longer hours during peak periods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Self – motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV quoting expected salary to email@example.com by Tuesday 12th February 2019; only successful candidates will be contacted