Senior Assistant Director Jobs, MSEA Jobs
Ref. No: MSEA – 15/7/2019 (MSEA Grade 4)
Reporting to the Director, Business Development, Marketing and Trade the Senior Assistant Director, Business Development, Marketing and Trade will be assisting in coordinating MSE Capacity building, county coordination, marketing, trade and services.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:- Overseeing the development, interpretation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Enterprise Development policies, programmes and strategies for MSEs; Liaising with stakeholders for program implementation, marketing and departmental programs; Developing and reviewing Enterprise Development programs and projects; Advising on development and implementation of an effective programme for application and transfer of appropriate technologies; Preparing partnership agreements with relevant stakeholders; Promoting innovativeness in the development of products by Micro and Small Enterprises; Facilitating MSE business linkages; Facilitating implementation of award schemes on technology development; Promoting value addition and supporting value chain in various subsectors of the MSEs; Carrying out assessment to identify MSE marketing needs; Facilitating access to markets by Micro and Small Enterprises; Developing strategies to promote marketing of MSE products; and Collaborating with stakeholders on regional, local and county marketing activities.
For appointment to this position an officer must have;-
- Minimum experience of eight (8) years, three (3) of which must have been in a senior management position in Business Development, Marketing and Trade in a micro and small enterprises or in a comparable position;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Agri-Business, Marketing Enterprise Development/Entrepreneurship, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Agri-Business, Marketing Enterprise Development/Entrepreneurship, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship Course or related training from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application; and
- demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the mission, vision, and strategies of MSEA and the ability to clearly interpret and apply role of Micro and Small Enterprise in Kenya’s social economic development and particularly in line with vision 2030 and Big 4 Agenda
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and attach the following documents to their applications:-
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance Certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance Certificate(HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
How To Apply
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please submit your sealed application letters with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelop and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 30th July, 2019 .
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823-00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.