Senior Business / Enterprise Development Officer Jobs, Engineering Jobs, MSEA Jobs
Ref. No: MSEA – 16/7/2019 (MSEA Grade 6)
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:- Initiation and implemention of policies, projects and programmes related to Micro and Small Enterprises; conducting sector needs assessment; conducting business counselling; assisting youth aspiring to become entrepreneurs; conducting research on MSEs; conducting training; preparing budget estimates; analysing data on MSE issues; compiling training/exhibition reports; preparing annual work plans; and facilitating technology transfer amongst MSE operators, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of projects and programs relating to or affecting MSEs; disseminating information about MSE Fund; facilitating access to MSE Fund; undertaking administrative and operation duties in the Counties and Handling Human Resource Matters in liaison with the Human Resource Management Division.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- served in the grade of Enterprise Development Officer or in comparable positon in public/private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Agri-Business, Marketing Enterprise Development/Entrepreneurship, Education Technology, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; Civil/Building/ Electrical/ mechanical/ Agricultural/ electronics/water engineering; and any other social sciences from a recognized Institution;
- Attended entrepreneurship course or related professional training from a recognised institution
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and attach the following documents to their applications:-
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance Certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance Certificate(HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
How To Apply
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please submit your sealed application letters with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelop and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 30th July, 2019 .
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823-00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification.