- Company: Visa
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, banks and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
The Mid-Market team in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA) is part of the Business Development organization and consists of Senior Account Managers dedicated to a portfolio of small and medium sized Financial Institution clients. This position is responsible for increasing Visa revenue from Mid-Market clients by identifying opportunities, implementing initiatives and assisting in the full process of accounts management, including implementation of the new cross-functional client coverage model for the Mid-Market segment. The role will identify opportunities for business growth, and work with clients and internal Visa stakeholders to execute on them. The role will be responsible for managing a portfolio of small and medium Visa clients to drive business growth. This is not a people manager role.
- Work closely with Business Country Managers to develop and maintain the relationship between Visa and the clients.
- Support SSA Business Planning & Operations Head in building and rolling-out a standardized service model for Mid-Market clients
- Identify and execute on opportunities for revenue growth within the Mid-Market segment
- Develop product roadmap and sales plan to drive growth
- Deliver incremental revenue through sales of Value Added Services such as risk products, data products and consulting solutions that meet needs of the clients
- Upskill clients in a targeted manner through training sessions, webinars and workshops
- Collaborate with all members of the East Africa team and with the SSA Mid-Market team, and support others in balancing workload when required
- Attend to client queries and issues, and provide timely and efficient solutions
- Contribute to development, production and implementation of initiatives as part of the annual planning exercise
- Monitor and analyze competitor activities and contribute to develop/respond effectively
- Support the obtaining of new licenses, opening of new BINs, card design and authorization / decline improvement initiatives
- Manage daily tasks such as maintaining and updating clients contact lists, and upload required documents in CRM software tools.
- Ensure compliance with Visa requirements of service levels, integrity of records and efficient resolution of complaints
- Identify key opportunities within the portfolio, and provide analysis and business case to address them
- Provide periodic client reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly) as agreed with the EA cluster’s General Manager and Head of BPO
- Preparation of regular analysis reports for market and for clients, focusing on portfolio performance and market share, comparison with targets by quarters.
- Maintain regular contact with clients via phone calls, emails, sales visits, and client meetings
- Implement process driven sales of standardized products and services.
- Continuously review client and market landscape to identify opportunities within the Mid-Market segment, recommend and develop initiatives to meet the clients’ business objectives and grow Visa’s business.
- Executes identified strategic opportunities/products/services through strong project management, and working with internal and client teams.
- Contributes to development and implementation of Country plans.
- Ensures the cross-functional Mid-Market team provides the agreed level of service to clients based on the new client coverage model.
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact management, relationship and direction of our business with clients.
- Attends to client and market team queries and issues, and provide timely and efficient solutions
- Contributes to development, production and implementation of initiatives as part of the annual planning exercise
- Manages daily tasks such as auditing Mid-market client opportunities within CRM software tools (i.e. PlayBook).
- Assists to create Mid-market client account plans and audits accounts plans to ensure consistency and execution against the client targets.
- Identifies key opportunities within the portfolio, and provide analysis and business case to address them
Reporting, Relationships & Interactions:
- This individual is expected to interact effectively with all levels of Visa management and staff
- Strong collaboration skills and teamwork are a must as the individual has to work closely with colleagues located across the globe in various functions like Marketing, Products, Merchant Solutions, Finance, Consulting, Risk etc., many of whom can be based in locations outside of Sub Sahara Africa
- Self-starter, with ability to motivate and drive sales through a team that is located in multiple locations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a strong bias for action
- Experience in external client facing roles delivering projects or products
- Strong understanding of the sales/Business Development process and how it aligns with the SSA strategy
- Fluent in English (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity, using industry experience and fact-based analyses
- Self-confident and hands-on, with the ability to operate in a fast paced and constantly changing work environment. Independent and entrepreneurial self-driven team player who is willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever is necessary
- Ability to rally corporate resources and functional experts to drive business objectives
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, compelling messages to internal and external stakeholders. Effectively communicate complex technical and business issues and solutions to a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to understand the marketplace dynamics including the regulatory environment, technological and consumer behavioral shifts and tying this back to impact on Visa
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and build credibility with various SSA functional and Country teams, in order to work in a matrix organization
- Project management skills and strong execution ability to deliver against tight deadlines
- Collaborative and resilient
- Ability to learn quickly, deal with complexity and lead change
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, with at least 8 years professional experience in retail banking / financial services / payments sector/ Mobile financial services.
- Knowledge of core Business Development skills & competencies via practical experience
- Sales, Negotiation & Influencing skills
- Time management, multitasking skills
- Creation of professional briefs and presentations
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent knowledge of Visa, other payment systems, card products and the activities of different payment systems in the relevant markets.
- Experience in influencing developing and/or motivating people to achieving company and customer objectives.