- Company: GSM Association (GSMA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - IT/Telecom Jobs in KenyaSales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
About The Role
You will work closely with a broad range of external stakeholders (e.g. mobile operators, start-ups, technology providers and institutional actors), as well as internal stakeholders within M4D and the broader GSMA .
Your excellent communication skills will allow you to understand the dynamics of the ecosystem, identify key stakeholders and trends, and create new engagement opportunities for the programme. You will continue to nourish and build the strong community of practitioners with a shared vision of leveraging private sector and digital technology capabilities to solve the climate challenges of our time.
You will lead on key stakeholders’ relationships critical for the program’s growth and success, including network operators, civil society organizations, environmental groups, technology service providers, research institutes and donor agencies.
You will be playing an instrumental role of bringing together the insights and best practices from the private sector into light and supporting the scale of successful solutions through hands-on support.
To achieve results, you will use your outstanding ability to explain technology concepts to non-tech audiences. You will also be able to clearly present strategic view, commercial rational, global best practice and viable business models for stakeholders. You will do so through a variety of formats and channels, including face-to-face presentations, adapting to your audience needs.
We welcome applications from professionals with the following demonstrated qualifications:
- Strong relevant experience within the mobile, ICT or digital industry in the product management or business consultant capacity is a must. You possess a solid understanding of the mobile industry, recognising key industry trends, commercial drivers and challenges faced by mobile operators in developing countries.
- Background and experience linked to climate and environmental issues and understanding of the use of technology for climate action is a must have for this role.
- Experience managing complex stakeholder relationships at a senior level and delivering multi-stakeholder projects with minimal direction and supervision is a must for this role.
- You can work in an emerging opportunity area without a defined blueprint. You are experienced in providing strategic oversight as well as day-to-day support to external contractors
- You possess solid commercial acumen with an ability to clearly communicate strategic opportunities, develop a compelling business case, value proposition and business models.
- You have a track record of managing teams to success. You are a team player and are able to achieve results through your excellent relationship management skills, collaboration and your ability to consider the interests of multiple stakeholders in your day-to-day work. You complement these skills with a proved ability to negotiate and influence all types of stakeholders, including C-level management.
- You are used to working in multicultural and geographically spread-out teams. A self-starter and highly motivated individual, you manage projects and drive them through to completion.
- To achieve results, you communicate timely and effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, adapting to different styles and working collaboratively towards agreed outcomes for projects.
- You have excellent presentation skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders, negotiate shared objectives, and keep them accountable to commitments made.
- You are willing to travel on international basis (subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
- This role is FTC until 31 March 202