- Company: Safaricom Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - IT/Telecom Jobs in KenyaSafaricom Jobs in Kenya
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Enterprise ICT and IOT the role holder will support the Enterprise IOT propositions, Enterprise Customer Designs, Implementations, and continuous improvements.
- Architect and design IOT solutions in line with best practices to ensure they meet Enterpriser customer requirements
- Ensure Enterprise Solution have information security at concept stage.
- Lead IOT services and support to Enterprise Customers in designing and selling these services
- Work closely with EBU product teams, Enterprise Tribe and Technology Security to evaluate the viability of vendor products for IOT
- Drive managed IOT products go-to market and uptake in the Enterprise market.
- Participate in definition of IOT requirements and acceptance criteria for new Enterprise customer solution
- Support the sales process from pre-sales, qualification stages, through RFP / bid and contract sign-up, all the way to implementation, deployment and successful IOT solution acceptance testing and sign-off by the customer
- Liaise with Supply Chain in the procurement process of IOT solutions
- Participate in the technical evaluations for IOT platforms that run Enterprise platforms.
- Participate in selection of the best IOT solution and present to the Investment board for capex approval
- Ensure all vendors have up-to-date contracts (contract management)
- Implement Test, Deploy and Commission new IOT systems for Enterprise customers.
- Develop the ‘as built’ Enterprise security solution for support handover
- Recommend major upgrades where required, and liaise with the operations team when doing the upgrades especially if it affects the design/architecture of the Enterprise support system
- Define IOT success metrics to drive reporting templates that clearly demonstrate value to the enterprise customers
- Conduct market insights of IOT solutions, market dynamics and competition landscape.
- Ensure all IOT solutions/systems implemented have high availability and disaster recovery in accordance with best practices
- Ensure change management and IOT system handover processes are followed
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
- Lead and implement integrations between internal and external solutions
- Serves as the technical liaison to the IOT product owner, internal security team and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal cross functional Enterprise customer facing domain architecture leadership
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology/Telecommunications
- Certified IOT Solution, Design, Integration Expert is mandatory
- Expert Knowledge of cellular 3GPP / LPWAN/ radio technology, with an understanding of communication protocols (MQTT, COAP, LWM2M, etc) aspects for IoT applications
- Expert Knowledge of data communication, network, software application, web-based and service-based architectures (REST/SOAP), cloud and IT technologies
- Prior Experience/Knowledge of IoT Business Arena, technology trends and competitive landscape (preferred)
- Certification on IOT security
- Cloud Certifications like AWS, Azure
Skills and Experience
- Experience in IOT system design, Integrations and implementations
- Experience in IT Networks and Systems Administration e.g. Cisco, Huawei, Windows, Linux, Unix etc…
- Working knowledge of databases e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgress SQL
- Working knowledge of Virtualization Technologies e.g. VmWare, HyperV, Open Stack
- Working knowledge and experience in DevOps and Microservices technologies i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gitlab/Github etc…
- Working knowledge of Mobile and GSM technologies e.g. Android, IOS, 2G, 3G, LTE, USSD, SS7 etc…
- Working knowledge of encryption technologies e.g. PKI, HSM, PGP
- Excellent communication skills and team player.
- Excellent project management skills and proven task execution (getting things done).
- Superior report writing and presentation skills.
- Very analytical and logical thinking
- Self-driven with minimal supervision
- Customer focused