Senior Software Engineer Job, IT Kenyan Job Vacancies 2021,
Job Title – Senior Software Engineer,
Industry – Information Technology,
Location – Nairobi,
Salary – Competitive,
Our client is an IT solution firm based in Nairobi, and they seek to hire a Senior Software Engineer to build high-quality software, which is scalable, testable, and is maintainable.
- Designing scalable, testable, Land maintainable software solutions.
- Analyze user requirements, writing functional and operational documentation.
- Reviewing code written by junior colleagues and/or teammates.
- Integrating existing applications into client systems.
- Integrating new and existing applications to third-party systems.
- Work closely with other colleagues, such as project managers, UX/UI designers, other developers, systems analysts, Product owners, and sales and marketing professionals to develop client and in-house solutions.
- Review new technologies to identify their impact and fit within our existing solutions or future development.
- Gathering user requirements, designing, and developing systems/solutions to meet the client’s needs, and mentoring junior colleagues.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- Key Programming Languages: JAVA, PHP, and or Angular
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Experience of 4 + years.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes.
- A passion for solving problems and providing scalable solutions.
- Familiar with Agile development methodology from preliminary system design, testing, and deployment.
- Excellent knowledge in developing software in PHP and Java/Spring Boot Framework.
- Working knowledge in Micro-service design principles.
- Strong understanding of Jira, GIT source control.
- Familiarity with the GIT flow, branching process is an added advantage.
- Strong experience with test-driven development, task queuing using RabitMQ or Apache Kafka.
- Strong experience with using debugging and logging tools.
- Experience in software monitoring and performance tooling (caching and caching strategies. Etc.)
- Excellent working knowledge of relational databases design and implementation using MySQL and Oracle.
- Strong Linux skills (Configuration, Installation, etc.)
- Working knowledge in containerization technologies will be an added advantage.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- Outstanding all-round communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject ( Senior Software Engineer) to [email protected] on or before 15 th September 2021.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Register Your CV With Us. . It's Free.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .