- Company: Videojet Technologies
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
As a Fortune 150 science and technology innovator, Danaher and its more than 20 operating companies share a relentless drive to improve on past success. That never-ending cycle of innovation has helped us beat the S&P 500 by more than 5,000% over the last 25 years. And as the functional team that supports our operating companies and the more than 59,000 people across Danaher’s global enterprise, Danaher Corporate sees innovation and continuous improvement as core to the work we do every day.
You will build your team across major cities in Africa, as well as providing strong commercial leadership to the new team of Field Service Engineers, Technical Support and Inside Sales as well as developing a culture of exceeding customer expectations, outstanding customer service, thus accelerating the growth of printer placements and service revenues.
The successful candidate will be a natural people leader, able to drive high-performance for our customers. Your inclination is to achieve ongoing development and growth of your team, strive to always look for ways to continuously improve with results, and deliver profitability.
Your responsibilities include:
- Growth and Development and Performance of the service team in Africa
- Constantly work to build the best engaged and motivated team, through use of all available Company tools and effective resourcing of talent
- Financial and customer related targets
- Handle cases and coordinate solutions for critical issues with customers, distributors/OEM partners, sales, service and project management
- Define and roll out initiatives for service growth
We are looking for a professional who is:
- Proactive and strategic problem solver who first understands business and associate needs and is then keen to bring forward and test new insights and industry-leading practices
- Must have well developed executive presence; ability to lead and run project teams with a range of experience and skills
- Great Teammate – excellent at building relationships internally and externally with ‘can do’ attitude.
- Leadership – create commitment and trust through strong work ethic and customer focus
- Excellent listening skills and ability to understand and interpret business needs to define communication requirements for a variety of audiences
Your Education and/or Background Experience will include:
- Educated to Degree level or qualified by experience
- Master’s in Business would be desirable
- Experienced in creating and implementing commercial and operational / service strategy, demonstrating a history of business growth with strong experience across the continent of Africa
- Experience of working within a senior field service management, technical management, or operational management role, preferably as a senior Manager or Director