- Company: Absa Bank Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Eldoret
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance. Barclays Africa Group Limited is 62.3% owned by Barclays Bank PLC and is listed on the JSE Limited. The Group is one of Africa’s major financial services providers offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance. The Group was formed through combining Absa Group Limited and Barclays’ African operations on 31 July 2013. Reflecting the enlarged group’s pan-African focus, the Group’s name changed from Absa Group Limited, to Barclays Africa Group Limited on 2 August 2013.
Accountability: Sales and Revenue Growth: –
Accountability: Customer Service and Relationship Management
Accountability Risk, Control & Compliance
Accountability: Team work and Branch Support
Technical skills / Competencies
Business degree preferred
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role, and which may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role:
- Grow Debt revenue in line with targets set by the business as communicated from time to time.
- Have an understanding of all Retail and Business Banking products that satisfy customer requirements.
- NTB customers ; annualised income Kes 500k per customers.
- Plan and co-ordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop pipelines for new and existing SME relationships. Co-ordinate approaches to the portfolio by businesses across the Group.
- Conduct review of customers’ borrowing facilities (and interim review if customer circumstances [risk profile] dictate).
- Actively seek to grow own portfolio and cross sell to ensure delivery of set Targets.
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes. Calculating the most appropriate means of communicating them to customers.
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Ensure customers receive exceptional relationship management by identifying and meeting their needs through the provision of a range of products and services.
- Have the ability through cross-sell to provide a full value-added offering to customers utilising multiple channels, including digital.
- Based on leads referred from within the branch and other sources such as listings, contact potential new customers and offer them packaged financial solutions based on an assessment of their needs.
- Act as the go-to resource for any queries eg balance checks, solutioning. Have strategic action plans for customers contributing 80% of the portfolio revenues & action plans to address any shortfalls in sales.
- Ensure strategic visits for all top 10 clients in own portfolio (visit to include BBD/& HOSME,RM, treasury, product, credit and any other partners across the bank e.g. Bancassurance, Workplace banking teams)
- Keep up to date on trends in the economy, the local market and social media to utilise this knowledge to educate customers.
- Operationalise SME campaigns as required with the Branch Manager.
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritization Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information.
- Manage “Early Warning List” customers to reduce risk, following H.O. and Regional guidance provided.
- Account plans for top 15 names in portfolio. A/c plans must be aligned and signed off by Head of SME, Product Partners and Credit.
- Adhere to procedures and guidelines within the BB RMCD.
- Managed client queries as per set SLA
- Positive NPS Score
- 3 Client calls recorderd on Salesforce for each customer in portfolio per annum.
- Ensure strategic visits for all top 10 clients in own portfolio (visit to include BBD/& or Industry Head,RM, treasury, product, credit and any other partners across the bank e.g. Bancassurance, Workplace banking teams)
- CCRS SLA 3 days for urgent new business, 5 days for normal cases. NBC papers 2 days.
- Quick responses to NBC/ CCRS queries – 48 hours – where material client input is not required.
- Deal with, and find resolutions for, customer complaints.
- Attempt to resolve customers’ enquiries at first point of contact.
- Actively drive service excellence by means of adhering to the Service Standards.
- Action any complaints received in accordance with procedures and SLA’s.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Follow the end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorized and KYC compliant with 85% accuracy. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Branch Manager.
- Comply with all general Barclays operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
- On occasion, assist the Branch Management to open and close Customer Service Advisor tills at the beginning and end of each day.
- Conduct snap checks as allocated by the Branch Operations Officer.
- RFI (room for improvement ) on not more than 30% of applications
- Overdues below 5% (Annual reviews, High risk reviews, Markforward,monitoring information, insurances, land rent and rates, valuations)
- Below 15% of the portfolio (excess accounts)
- 100% attendance of credit meetings I.e. EWL and RCCC(if your account is listed)
- 100% completion within agreed time frame
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
- Monitor and control the quality of the portfolio using “Condition of Sanction” triggers where possible and in accordance with RM guidelines and Bank policy.
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working by challenging the status quo and supporting an empowering climate within the team, sharing knowledge, experience, best practice and providing constructive feedback as required.
- Work with the Universal Bankers in the Branch to ensure seamless achievement of Sales and Service targets.
- Provide cover for Branch Manager/other branch roles as required.
- Lead & support the adoption and implementation of change initiatives.
- Participate in local events to support local needs, develop individual and team skills and raise the Barclays profile in the local community.
- Delivering and meeting customers needs
- Managing relationships
- Personal organization
- Planning and organizing
- Working with others
- Decisiveness and initiating action
- Active listening
- Analytical thinking
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Risk assessment and management
- Presentation, influencing and negotiating
- Required to form relationships with customers, therefore minimum tenure will be 2 years.
- The jobholder will need to be able to communicate in such as way as to ensure their ongoing credibility when dealing with financial controllers of companies, in addition to owner-managers.
- The jobholder’s portfolio will consist of a full range of Business Banking customers, including the more challenging customers, who will often be subject to competitive approaches from other banks.
- Business development activity will be similarly demanding.
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)