Strategic Vendor Service Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs, Jumia Jobs
Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey.
Strategic Vendor Service
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 4 years
Job Field: Sales / Marketing
What’s this job all about?
As a Strategic vendor services associate at Jumia, you will be responsible for one of the core activities in the key accounts team; growing and transforming our business with brands and strategic partners. This position is currently one of the positions where Jumia Group is investing the most to grow the pool of talent. We expect the best performers to be the next wave of key account managers, head of categories in the company. You will focus on managing accounts end-to-end for our top brands and vendors. From the very essence of commercial, to operations or even co-organization of Jumia key commercial events, your scope will provide you will all levers to drive your Brand(s) toward the right direction. This role is for top performers looking for close collaboration with senior commercial leaders to help accelerate their commercial careers.
The main challenges are described as below:
- Creating best in class content as per guidelines
- Optimising content for Jumia and external search (Google etc)
- Ensuring products are in the correct categories and filters
- Managing item variation relationships (display alternate sizes & colours)
- Delivering regular reports on activity and data quality
- Commercial and marketing planning:
- Delivering strategic commercial and marketing initiatives, from planning to execution and analysis
- Leading the collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment process
- Finance and Logistics
- Resolve finance and logistics problems
- Action oriented and performance driven
- Strong management and inter-personal skills
- Good analytical and data management skills
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize
- Well organized and very detail oriented
- Resistant to stress
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems
- Flawless English communication
- Experience over 4 years either in FMCG, tier 1 retail groups, top banking & consulting companies
- Top Engineering, Business Schools & Universities (top 5 of your field for your country)
- Proficiency in MS Office and google tools
- Familiar with relationship management tools
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures).
How to Apply