- Company: Ernst & Young
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 230,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. EY, has been in East Africa for over 87 years and with over 600 professionals, is today one of the largest professional services firms in the region.
The EY-Parthenon Strategy team is currently seeking expand their team and recruit Senior Managers who will be able to build on their current strategy development, transaction and commercial experience, and work on a number of diverse and demanding projects for blue chip and entrepreneurial clients.
Your skills and experience will be valuable in working with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. From idea to implementation, you will help organizations build a better working world by fostering long-term value. With the EY-Parthenon global connectivity and scale, you will help CEOs design and deliver strategies to better manage challenges while maximizing opportunities as they look to transform their businesses.
You will work with a high-performing, integrated team which focuses on a variety of global and local corporate clients and private equity clients. You’ll have a diverse range of stretching experiences which will give you continuous learning and development opportunities as well as a great sense of achievement.
As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for leading our largest client projects, shaping the deliverables, client relationships, and wider team, with the support and coaching of our directors and partners. You’ll also be involved in developing proposals and bids, and actively contribute to EY-Parthenon thought leadership and internal operational initiatives.
This will include:
- Managing project teams effectively
- Developing our business – identifying opportunities within existing clients and driving sales activity
- Working closely with wider EY teams – across Business Consulting, Tax, Transactions and Assurance to bring the best of the firm to our clients
- Developing a community within the team – owning / developing an offer, or other internal practice build initiatives such as Training, Professional Development, Innovation and Recruitment.
- Counselling of Managers and Consultants to provide career direction and advice.
Skills and attributes for success
Successful candidates are intellectually curious, passionate about solving complex problems, hardworking, have an enthusiastic and approachable demeanor with an entrepreneurial mind-set. We want people who are great communicators, who collaborate well with people and teams, and who have a real desire to both learn and coach others. We are looking for exciting candidates to join our team with the required characteristics.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Have a minimum of 8 years professional working experience in strategy consulting relating to purpose-led strategy, long-term value creation, business model reinvention, go-to-market strategy, market entry strategy and opportunity sizing, product and business unit strategy development, strategic cost evaluation and commercial due diligence
- Have either a relevant commercial experience or a strong strategy consulting background
- Have credible project management experience and demonstrate an ability to plan, deliver, structure, write and present work against tight deadlines
- Be willing to share your technical and other knowledge with your team
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Be an excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Have business development experience
- Have a drive to solve complex problems with senior stakeholders
- Be an effective time manager, able to keep calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a coach to junior team-members helping them with on-the-job training, informal discussions and formal EY-Parthenon training modules
- Be a team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels in EY and with clients, both in the Africa and internationally
What we look for
We are looking for a trusted business advisor who appreciates a collaborative culture by nurturing team members through mentoring and coaching, knowledge sharing and adapting relevant ideas from previous projects or experiences. We are interested in specialist who can develop and execute corporate and growth strategy using the most innovative approach. If you want to work with a network of international specialists who are focused on designing and implementing strategy and driving strategic transformation, this role is for you.