Senior Technical Sales Engineer Job, Latest Engineering Jobs In Kenya,
Title: Senior Technical Sales Engineer – Solar Projects,
Industry: Renewable Energy,
Our client is a well-established renewable energy company in the country. They seek to hire a result-oriented Sales Engineer tasked with developing and executing strategic plans to achieve solar systems sales targets and expand the customer base. The successful candidate will work broadly and collaboratively to achieve growth through prospecting, identification and understanding of customer requirements, designing and providing ideal solutions.
- Constantly scan for new credible sources of leads and sales opportunities for solar systems.
- Conduct customer need analysis and present the customer with customized solutions to fit their needs
- Support and manage the development and realization of Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Solar PV projects (initial focus in Kenya, but with growth expected across East Africa region)
- Identify and target customers and lead the commercial relationship with them.
- Leverage on existing network and expand product reach and repeat business through relationship building and exceptional customer experience
- Liaise with management team for technical, financial and legal support for projects.
- Negotiate offers for projects and sales with potential customers
- Ensure compliance with industry and relevant government bodies (ERC), for any renewable energy policy updates, product specs and requirements.
- Provide regular feedback to the management on market trends, competitive threats and opportunities to deliver greater value to our customers.
- Follow up development of existing C&I and utility scale projects, establishing and maintaining a pipeline of projects
- Preparing proposals, sales quotes and tender documents
- Co-operate with local partners: including local developers, local investors, subcontractors, and sales agents
- Provide material to company support functions for creation of marketing documents.
- Attend different exhibitions, conventions and other events to help in the sales of products and/or service
- Support and manage sales opportunities of Solar lighting products for the East Africa region.
- Strategic reporting on all sales activities including sales and prospecting activities, sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Advise management on strategic issues relating to product lines materials, new proposals and problem areas.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Energy Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Finance
- At least 5-7 years of sales experience in the energy industry
- Proven track record in technical sales in the solar industry
- Quick learner, capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets.
- High business acumen.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relations at C-Level.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information and adapting it to specific customers.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong relationship building skills with a high degree of responsiveness, reliability and integrity.
- Self-motivated with persuasive, enthusiastic and client-centric focus.
- Ability and willingness to travel is required; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers.
- Sales experience in the energy industry is a MUST
- Experience in designing solar systems is a MUST
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Technical Sales Engineer) to [email protected] on or before Wednesday 9 th September 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.