Technical Sales Engineer Job, Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya July,
Job Description: Technical Sales Engineer,
As a technical sales engineer, you’ll use your technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
You’ll be responsible for bids and tenders for new clients from a technical perspective.
You will be a key point of contact for clients and you will provide both pre and after-sales advice. You’ll liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as: design, development, production, purchasing, finance and senior management.
As a technical sales engineer, you’ll need to handle the responsibilities below:
Sales & Account Management
- Search for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximise client potential in designated regions
- Calculate client quotations and administer client accounts
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Analyse costs and sales in retail sales
- Prepare reports for head office and keep customer records
- Meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Arrange and carry out product trainings at customer sites
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Obtaining deposits, balance of payments and collection of debt from clients.
- Answer client’s questions about credit terms, products, prices and availability.
- Work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team.
- Quality : Manage delivery of project quality expectations as per client standards. You will lead concept, design, costing and execution of all projects
- Cost: Manage delivery of projects within budgeted costs to secure company margins
- Time : Ensure all client projects are delivered on time and in full
- Safety : Manage project safety to ensure zero incidences on site
- Help in the design of custom-made products
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs
- Analyse costs and sales in projects
Principal & OEM Management
- Understand customer needs, get market insights and identify possible dealership opportunities
- Develop partnerships with selected OEMs
- Manage customer needs in regards to partner OEMs and handle all technical querries.
- Manage sales team to deliver sales targets and forecasts of sales aligned to our partner OEMs
Technical background with a can-do attitude.
You’ll need to have:
- A solid technical background
- Sales skills
- Communication skills
- Sound judgement and good business sense
- Organisational skills
- Team working ability
- The ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Independence and self-reliance
How to Apply
Please send your application with CV and all certificates to this email: [email protected]