Request for Quotation (RFQ)
TechnoServe Kenya IT Support
Date of Release: 23rd March 2021
SUBJECT: REQUEST FOR QUOTE
TechnoServe Inc. (TNS) – Kenya, Nairobi, invites your firm to participate in this competitive solicitation for pricing, delivery and terms of potential sale on the following services for TNS Nairobi Office.
TechnoServe is an international nonprofit organization that has been working to build business solutions to poverty since 1968.
Our mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women in poor areas of the developing world to build businesses that create income, opportunity and economic growth for their families, their communities and their countries.
We believe that a hand up is far more powerful than a hand-out.
With more than 1,500 people working in about 28 countries, our team is a skilled, passionate group of professionals from both private-sector business and international development fields.
For many years Kenya has had an internal IT Tech Support person.
The time has come to move this function to an outsourced firm.
TechnoServe is looking for a responsive, reliable, and competent IT services firm that can help TNS Kenya maintain its information and communications hardware and software.
This document outlines the users, software and hardware that needs support.
Any firm responding to this Request for Support should have the ability to support and maintain the systems and software listed below.
Nairobi Office – 70 staff
- Laptops: 70 HP laptops
- Android Tablets: 131
- Spare laptops: 10 spare HP Laptops
- Switches: (new) Unifi 48 port managed switch for new office
- Access Points: 9 Unifi UAP-LR 2 old / 7 UAP-LR new.
- Firewall: Sonicwall TZ 500
Printers: 5 Printers
- HP Color Laserjet Pro 400 MFP M475dn
- HP Laserjet Pro 400 MFP M425dn
- HP Laserjet Pro 400 MFP M425dn
- HP Color Laserjet Pro 400 MFP M475dw
- HP Laserjet M1120MFP
Mombasa Office – 10 staff
- Laptops: 6
- Router: Technicolor-Managed and owned by ISP
Printers:2 HP Printers
- HP Laserjet Pro MFP M428fdw
- HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M479fdw
- Webroot Antivirus
- Google Workspace
- Okta SSO & MFA
- Databasics (Time & Expense)
- Serenic Navigator via Citrix (Accounting)
- MS Office (Being discontinued)
- Comcare on the Tablets
SCOPE OF WORK
TechnoServe is looking for a quote for a IT services described below:
1. Business hours Phone Support – remote access to fix PCs on Time & Materials basis
2. 4-8 hours per month of on-site in order to:
a. Maintain all hardware and software in the office including but not limited to:
i. Check Firewall, Switches, access points
ii. Periodically Change WiFi Access Points
iii. Periodically Upgrade Firmware on Firewall
iv. Troubleshoot user laptop issues of users
v. Troubleshoot fix printing issues
vi. Troubleshoot telephone issues
vii. Build and maintain spare laptop pool based on our standard laptop build
viii. Order and build new machines as needs based on standard laptop build
ix. Help maintain Tablets as needed
x. Document IT environment when no technical issues or tasks
3. Time & Material Hourly Rates
a. Phone & remote access support
b. When needed, on-site desktop support Hourly Rate
c. When needed, Switch, AP, Firewall Support Hourly Rate
d. When there is an emergency, 2 hour emergency on-site support hourly rate
TechnoServe is looking for an IT Services Firm that:
- Clearly explains how the firm would support TechnoServe’s office technology
- Desktop technicians with Windows 10 and MAC OS experience
- Technicians with Sonicwall Firewall Expertise. Sonicwall Certifications a big plus
- Technicians with Ubiquiti switches and Unifi WiFi configurations and management experience
- HP Printer experience
- Android Tablet experience
Price in Kenya Shillings, and should be expressed on a per unit basis, based on the needs listed in Chart 1 below.
Chart 1: Description of Required Products/Services
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The vendor should submit their experience related work in the non profit vertical market and list the names and resumes of all technicians that will be used for the delivery of services.
RFQ SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
All prospective bidders must complete the following steps:
1. Description how the firm would support the TechnoServe office.
2. Cost estimate table should be prices inclusive of all applicable taxes
3. Submit company documentation including but not exclusively:
a. History of the company
b. International non-profit experience
c. Resumes of technicians available to support TechnoServe
4. References of current clients preferable international non profits included. The references should include the name of the organization, Contact Person with Contact details,Contract duration and supporting documentation for the same
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The evaluation of each response to this RFQ will be based on the requirements set out in the solicitation and any addenda thereto.
At the sole discretion of TNS, the top Quotes may be selected for follow-up questions or to provide an oral presentation.
The following weighting and points will be assigned to the Quote for evaluation purposes:
TechnoServe reserves the right to award the contract to the organization whose Quote is deemed to be in the best interest of TechnoServe.
TechnoServe will not award a contract to any bidder where there is a lack of business integrity.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Request for Quote is not and shall not be considered an offer by TechnoServe.
2. All responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFQ.
3. All unresponsive offers will be rejected.
4. All Quotes will be considered binding offers. Prices proposed must be valid for the entire period provided by the respondent.
5. All awards will be subject to TNS contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
6. TNS reserves the right to accept or reject any Quote or cancel the solicitation process at any time, and shall have no liability to the proposing organizations submitting Quotes for such rejection or cancellation of the request for Quotes.
7. TNS reserves the right to accept all or part of the Quote when award is provided.
8. All information provided by TNS in this RFQ is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject to change at any time, and all bidders will be provided with notification of any changes. TNS is
not responsible or liable for any use of the information submitted by bidders or for any claims asserted therefrom.
9. The bidders are solely obligated to pay for any costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be incurred by the bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response. All responses and supporting documentation shall become the property of TNS, subject to claims of confidentiality in respect of the response and supporting documentation, which have been clearly marked confidential by the bidder.
10. Bidders are required to identify and disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest.
11. Small Businesses and small disadvantaged businesses are encouraged to bid.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
1. Questions regarding this RFQ and must be received no later than 5pm East African Time on 29th March 2021
2. Responses to these questions will be shared by 31st March 2021
3. Final Quotes in response to the RFQ should be sent to [email protected] and be addressed to the attention of the “Evaluation committee IT support RFQ” so as to be received no later than 5pm East African Time Tuesday 6th April 2021.
4. Each company submitting a response to the RFQ, MAY be asked for a follow meeting & review of the response. The meetings will be scheduled during the week of 12th April 2021.
5. Follow up questions & meetings maybe required after submission
6. After selection, contract and license negotiations will take place
End of RFQ