Fresh Procurement Manager Job, Current Procurement Jobs Kenya,
About TopUp Mama
Topup Mama is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and Nigeria. Our mission is to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. From forecasting capabilities to last-mile deliveries, we are building tools that enable small and medium restaurants to access affordable fresh and dry products. Restaurants need more than an efficient supply chain and we envision a world where the average African restaurant has access to digital and financial tools needed to grow and thrive.
About the role
Our customers rely on us to get all the products that they need to cook & run their restaurant – convenience and reliability are core to our proposition. On top of that, we are the first player in the market to deliver both fresh & dry goods to small and medium-sized restaurants. Our Fresh Procurement Manager will be responsible for building a supply chain model that delivers the best customer experience, while managing our resources well.
Key Responsibilities :
- Have reliable, good quality, fair price suppliers for all our fresh products.
- Provide processed food to customers, for at least 3 different types of SKUs.
- Ensure that 100% of meat & fish is integrated into dry delivery, and 70% of fruit & vegetables.
- Implement branded packaging for fresh & processed products.
- Contribute to the overall GMV from fresh sales and processed products.
- Increase the average gross margin on fresh products.
Who you are
We are looking for someone who has a passion for food and innovation in procurement & Supply chain. This person needs to be 100% on top of day-to-day operations and work with the product & operations teams to continuously improve and change how we do things. This person should see opportunities in better servicing our customers and hustle to get that fixed – we have enough people on the team who can support the strategic planning, so the hustle side is more important.
- In-depth knowledge of fresh food, where to source it, and how this should be handled and processed
- Ability to hustle to fix things and grasp opportunities today, and to identify the shortcuts that need to be solved to make things scalable
- Test & learn approach – can roll out tests in a rapid tempo, with well-defined hypotheses and capturing data to distill learnings
- Ability to develop SOPs that ensure high quality and to programmatically implement this
- Is explorative, seeks opportunities for continuous improvement & innovation
- Strong project management skills – can break a large plan into small bits and achieve those results
- Hold a senior role in procurement (restaurants/ kitchen management) in a cloud kitchen start-up
- Senior in fresh procurement/processing/warehousing in a start-up or scale-up dealing with fresh foods/ perishable goods
- Senior in a supply chain role in restaurant chain with a centralized kitchen and/or supply chain.
This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Why TopUp Mama
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than 10 months ago and we are already serving more than 3000 customers. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
- If we win, our team should win. Company shares are a key part of the compensation for all mid-senior hires
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! Topup Mama may be the perfect place for you. But, Topup Mama is not for everyone.
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
- This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get it done job
- This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not the best place for you
How to Apply
If interested click the link below.
Topup Mama is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical disability, political affiliation, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.