Head of Sales Job, Latest sales Job Vacancies in Kenya,
About TopUp Mama
Topup Mama is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and Nigeria. Our mission is to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. From forecasting capabilities to last-mile deliveries, we are building tools that enable small and medium restaurants to access affordable fresh and dry products. Restaurants need more than an efficient supply chain and we envision a world where the average African restaurant has access to digital and financial tools needed to grow and thrive.
About the role
Head of Sales will be responsible for managing the general trade sales department, fostering a team that achieves and exceeds sales targets through acquiring new general trade restaurants and servicing existing ones with a focus on increasing GMV and building long term relationships with the restaurants.
They will also be required to manage the sales team in order to allow skill gaps to be filled so that the GMV can be increased on a monthly basis.
- Take full ownership of the day to day sales activities of the TDRs and daily reporting protocols
- Focus on growing the number of restaurants ordering with TopUp Mama to 3 new restaurants per person per day by
- Managing the overall execution of the trade strategy.
- Achieve the set yearly GMV
- Collaborate with other teams to drive new pipeline and revenue opportunities
- Run all daily, weekly and monthly sales meetings
- Have 75% of the sales reps hit 100% of their targets
- Consistently hits sales metrics through upskilling of TDRs to cross sell to existing customers and acquisition
- Hit a retention rate of not less than 80% across the restaurant base
Who you are
We are looking for someone who is results-driven, with excellent interpersonal skills to actively seek out and engage customer prospects, ensure customer satisfaction and continuous growth.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Ability to own a sales number with proven ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Excellent leadership skills – incl. monitoring of goals & quality standards and motivating large teams to reach goals; incl. making tough decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken). Solid demonstrated presentation skills.
- Ability to implement problem solving techniques in order to resolve customer issues and take corrective action
- Ability to work independently as well as thrive in a cooperative work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and G-Suite
- Experience in a managerial position as a sales manager or head of sales
- In-depth understanding and experience in the Hospitality industry’s
- Procurement and supply chain experience will be a key advantage.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask while being flexible with the changing demand
This role will be based in Kenya.
Why TopUp Mama
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than 10 months ago and we are already serving more than 3000 customers. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
- If we win, our team should win. Company shares are a key part of the compensation for all mid-senior hires
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! Topup Mama may be the perfect place for you. But, Topup Mama is not for everyone.
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
- This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get it done job
- This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not the best place for you
How to Apply
If interested click the link below.
TopUp Mama is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical disability, political affiliation, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.