MBA fellow – Operations & expansion Job, Latest Procurement Jobs Kenya,
About TopUp Mama
TopUp Mama is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and Nigeria. Our mission is to increase restaurants’ contribution to Africa’s GDP. From forecasting capabilities to last-mile deliveries, we are building tools that enable small and medium restaurants to access affordable fresh and dry products. Restaurants need more than an efficient supply chain and we envision a world where the average African restaurant has access to digital and financial tools needed to grow and thrive.
About the Role
We are looking for MBA fellows to support scaling our operations in both Nigeria and Kenya. You will be working closely with our COO, Country Teams and the Head of Growth to scale the business. The exact responsibilities may vary depending on your profile and the needs of the business when you join, but the repeatability and scalability of our operations will be central to this role. Some examples of specific projects are: lead expansion to a new city, lead the set-up of fresh warehousing & centralized kitchen, improve the procurement cycle to cut working capital requirements while maintaining zero stock-outs, create sales handbooks & improve sales processes and achieve higher sales efficiency, etc. This is a great role for someone looking to grow into a Strategy & Operations manager, Head of a Business Unit, Country manager, Head of Growth, or Chief of Staff to a COO.
TopUp Mama is a diverse team of ambitious individuals that take ownership of their work, see speed as a virtue, and are fixated on helping restaurant owners grow. Does that sound like you? We look forward to receiving your application!
Responsibilities will vary across the different projects and will be defined before starting. Example responsibilities for leading the expansion to new cities is:
- Create the new city expansion plan covering all aspects of operations
- Identify blockers to overcome in new city expansion and work with team to solve these
- Act as project manager to ensure all moving pieces are in sync and we meet timelines, within budget
- Work with Country Managers and teams to get first new cities live and reach net revenue targets
- Determine KPIs for scale-up, ensure dashboards are created, and monitor progress on a daily basis
- Support operational teams in overcoming challenges as they arise on a daily basis
- Combine all learnings into a roll-out playbook and hand this over to the team
Who you are
For any operations & expansion project, we are looking for someone who is:
- Excellent at thinking through operational processes and identifying dependencies and risks
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ruthless prioritization, and the ability to hustle today while looking for long-term solutions
- Be pragmatic and thorough in documenting SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Have excellent data & analytics skills – advanced excel skills are a must and experience with BI tooling is preferred
- Be adept at the test & learn approach – test hypotheses rapidly, capture learnings and incorporate these in a next iteration
- Have a good understanding of our target customers (SME business owners, restaurants) and markets (Nigeria and Kenya)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Why TopUp Mama
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than a year ago and we are already serving more than 3000 customers. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
- If we win, our team should win. Company shares are a key part of the compensation for all mid-senior hires
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! Topup Mama may be the perfect place for you. But, Topup Mama is not for everyone.
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
- This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get it done job
- This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not the best place for you
How to Apply
If interested click the link below.