Sales Representative – General Trade Job, Kenyan Sales Job Vacancies,
About TopUp Mama
Topup Mama is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and Nigeria. Our mission is to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. From forecasting capabilities to last-mile deliveries, we are building tools that enable small and medium restaurants to access affordable fresh and dry products. Restaurants need more than an efficient supply chain and we envision a world where the average African restaurant has access to digital and financial tools needed to grow and thrive.
About the role
TopUp Mama has experienced extremely fast growth in the last year. We have proven that there is demand for our product and that we can make it work operationally. We are looking for a Sales Representative who will be responsible for acquiring new restaurants and servicing existing ones with a focus on increasing net revenue while building long term relationships with the restaurants.
Key Responsibilities :
- Manage placed orders effectively to ensure zero cancellations and returns of items to reduce our warehousing costs.
- Reporting – Share accurate and timely sales reports highlighting each day’s achievements against set targets.
- Focus on growing the number of restaurants ordering with TopUp Mama by acquiring 3 new quality restaurants daily in assigned territory.
- Monitor and report all competitor’s activities in the market so that TopUp Mama can devise ways of staying competitive in the market.
- Achieve ambitious targets for net revenue and average product mix per order, which will be determined per month.
- Hit a retention rate of not less than 80% across all the customers acquired by you.
Who you are
We are looking for someone who is results-driven, with excellent interpersonal skills to actively seek out and engage customer prospects, ensure customer satisfaction and continuous growth.
- Ability to own a sales number with proven ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Energetic and aggressive with personal selling experience with a wide sales network, go-getter attitude
- Good communication and negotiation skills – ability to express themselves and sell
- Good knowledge of Nairobi Metropolitan market and the general trade landscape preferably in FMCG industry
- Have an attitude of ownership, accountability and quality by working collaboratively with the relevant stakeholders in proactively sharing feedback and escalating customer issues to attain the best customer experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and G-Suite
We believe that a great Sales Representative can come from many industry and organizational backgrounds and there is no set years of experience that is required for a talented person to fill this role. However, preference will be given to people who have previously worked B2B sales preferably in the FMCG industry (selling to hotels & restaurants is a plus)
This role will be based in Nairobi.
Why TopUp Mama
We are venture-backed and growing fast. We launched less than 10 months ago and we are already serving more than 3000 customers. You get an opportunity to jump onto the rocket ship near the ground floor. We believe that:
- Our team should grow as fast as the company. If you do well, you will have every opportunity to rocketship your career
- If we win, our team should win. Company shares are a key part of the compensation for all mid-senior hires
- Speed is a Virtue. We make decisions quickly and are not afraid of failing. We prioritize learning by doing
- Everyone is an owner of their work. We do not micromanage, only challenge. We let you own your domain and drive your work independently.
If that sounds exciting, great! Topup Mama may be the perfect place for you. But, Topup Mama is not for everyone.
- We are an early-stage start-up. It may be chaotic at times with shifting priorities
- This is not a 9-5 job. This a whatever it takes to get it done job
- This is not a place where we will tell you exactly what to do. You will be expected to manage your own work to achieve the outcomes
- We love being around our customers. If you enjoy sitting behind a desk all day, this may not the best place for you
How to Apply
If interested click the link below.