UI/UX Designer Job, IT Jobs December 2020,
Position: UI/UX Designer
Reporting to; Global Head of Product.
Location:This role will be based out of our Nairobi headquarters.
Sokowatch is seeking an experienced UI/UX designer to join our product team in building great user-centric software applications for our customers, partners and users across the supply chain process.
- Support product managers in researching user personas and use cases
- Create user-centric interactive designs that align the user preferences & abilities with business requirements without losing sight of technical constraints
- Prepare low fidelity mock ups for backlog grooming
- Create high fidelity designs for agreed flows in preparation of sprints
- Collaborate closely with the marketing function on design & branding guidelines
- Contribute to establishing a consistent design system across all digital assets
- Communicate & coordinate diligently with technology stakeholders
- University degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer or similar
- Fluency in user experience principles and knowledge of best practices for interaction design, user-centred design processes
- Experience designing applications with multiple user touchpoints for web and mobile
- Experience in designing for first-time smartphone users with poor hardware
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include the approach and process
- Professional proficiency in visual design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, or equivalent
- Strong team player and ability to make trade-offs in a fast-paced startup environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design proposals
How to Apply: