Material Planner, PC Job, Current Supply Chain Jobs In Kenya,
Base Demand Plan : (weekly and monthly process)
- Analyze historical demand and filter out outliers (exceptions from the norm).
- Outliers will be identified based on historical trends and knowledge of the various brands, however, by exception; they would be identified in conjunction with discussions with the category teams.
- Identify the most appropriate statistical forecasting algorithm
- Develop the base demand plan using the most appropriate statistical forecasting algorithm and make adjustments where necessary
New product demand plan
- Discuss new products with Marketing and Category Management and advise them on appropriate historical substitution and like modelling techniques
- Generate the new product forecast using the historical substitution and like modelling techniques agreed with Marketing and Category Management
Facilitate the Demand Planning Process : (weekly and monthly process)
- Identify and analyse exceptions to be discussed
- Present the exceptions at the monthly meeting or raise the exceptions with the relevant National Account Manager or Category Manager and facilitate the process of reaching consensus on the final forecast number
- Chair 40% of the Demand Planning meetings, and co-chair the remainder with the Category Planner.
- Challenge the Category Team
- Collate key business information from marketing, category management and category accounts.
- Capture relevant information, analyze and generate an SKU classification proposal.
- Communicate proposal and make amendments if required.
- Communicates scenarios to change the phasing of demand to Category Managers and National Accounts Managers and agrees appropriate action
- Analyze forecast accuracy and identify and implement process enhancements to improve forecast accuracy
- Communicate forecast accuracy information to Category Managers and National Accounts Managers to motivate improvement in forecast accuracy
- Coach Category Managers and National Accounts Managers on forecasting techniques to improve forecasting accuracy
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years’ experience Supply/Demand Planning
How to Apply
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.