Waiter/Waitress Job, Latest Hotel Jobs In Kenya,
Location: Kitisuru, Nairobi,
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance),
Salary: KES 22,000 Monthly,
Who are we?
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose & Scope The Job
The Waiter/Waitress will be responsible for serving food & beverage items in the restaurant. They will ensure the prompt and courteous serving of guests with food and beverage items as requested in an efficient manner in accordance with Ankole Grill Limited policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Operates as the principal salesperson in the restaurant and ensures that guests are accorded high level of customer care.
- Prepares mise-en-place for restaurant service.
- Ensures that the tables are well arranged and wiped before set-up is done.
- Ensures that the cutlery and crockery used by the guests are clean and properly polished.
- Sorts and polishes all menus before presenting them to the guests.
- Ensures that the glasses used for serving guests are clean and well-polished.
- Promptly and courteously takes orders for food and beverage from guests, posts the same in the POS and serve accordingly.
- Confirm food and beverage orders as per Ankole Grill service guidelines.
- Accurately records, pre-checks and picks-up all food and beverage orders as per Ankole Grill service guidelines
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items on the menu and be able to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- Informs and explains all the day’s specials and makes suggestions on food & beverage items to the guests.
- Up-sell or promote all specials as well as promoting slow moving items.
- Draws a table plan for orders taken on each table.
- Follows the right procedures when serving wines.
- Ensures that the guest orders are served correctly (as per the guests’ specifications).
- Makes follow up on all orders posted.
- Keeps the guests informed of new developments in case of any delays.
- In addition to the above, the Waiter/Waitress may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- Diploma or Certificate in Food and Beverage Service and Sales or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Hospitality certification is a plus.
- Excellent reading, verbal and written English skills.
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Tech savvy with a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure.
- Be able to stand or walk for an extended period.
How To Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to [email protected]
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
The application deadline is 11th October 2020.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.