- Company: Sanergy
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kisumu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.
We currently seek a Warehouse Assistant – Kisumu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the goals assigned to you are broken down into weekly and daily schedules using the tools provided for better planning on a weekly rotational basis.
- Manage casuals including supervising them during engagement at the warehouse
- Conduct daily line tours before commencement of work, report work progress and setbacks to the supervisor, daily Maintain written and/or electronic process records
- Ensure that standard systems are properly maintained in the warehouse.Service all material requests in a timely manner
- Ensure safety of all materials stored in the warehouse and enforce access control Support in maintaining the central warehouse facility Maintain neat and clean warehouse premises
- Provide support during physical stock count of inventory
- Organize goods in the warehouse
- Monitor all inventory items and ensure that requisition requests are placed on time.
- Oversee all issuances to ensure accuracy, completeness, timeliness and that all relevant documentation is in place before dispatch
- Checking that the correct quantity and type of goods have been received
- Recording any damaged, missing or faulty goods
- Ensure all work orders have been processed
- Ensure the warehouse is clean at all times
- Ensure kitting is done on time to avoid delays
- Ensure all trackers are up to date
- Conduct weekly spot checks
- Actively Participate and contribute in resolving all variances, deviations, and problems in the team Detect and escalate CAPA issues and implement immediate corrective actions assigned to you within the agreed timelines and share feedback with the team once the action has been completed
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you.
- Diploma/Degree in Warehouse Management/ Purchasing and supplies
- More than 1 year of experience in a warehouse management / purchasing related role
- Experience working in a fast paced environment will be an added advantage
- Strong communication, organisation and interpersonal skills