Graduate Assistant (Economics & Statistics) Job, Current University Jobs In Kenya,
GRADUATE ASSISTANT – ECONOMICS & STATISTICS (Job Ref: ZU/10/25/55/2022)
The purpose of this position is to carry out research, teaching, student mentorship and other duties in liaison with the University’s overall goal.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Department- Business & Economics, the position holder will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
- Onboarding new students by marketing the University programmes both internally and externally;
- Student retention through quality customer service;
- Teach at Certificate and Diploma levels, in areas allocated and reviewed from time to time by the Head of Department;
- Development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments;
- Research and produce study manuals, or other research outputs, in line with the objectives in the Staff appraisals;
- Supervise or assist with supervision of research studies undertaken by the students;
- Accompanying students on field trips and educational visits and preparing risk assessments;
- To handle students’ concerns relating to their learning needs;
- Provide mentorship and career guidance to students.
- A Bachelor’s degree qualification from a recognized/accredited university in the relevant field.
- At least (2) years of post-qualification teaching experience;
- Membership in a relevant professional organization.
Skills & competencies
- Excellent interpersonal.
- Commitment to academic research
- Good communication skills.
- Good customer service skills
- Commitment to high-quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications to [email protected] quoting the job reference number on the subject line and; indicating their current and expected salary on their application letter, not later than 12th August 2022.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not ask for money in any step of the hiring process and all meetings including interviews will be held on our Campus in Ruiru: Beware of fraudsters.