- Company: United Nations
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization to promote international co-operation. A replacement for the ineffective League of Nations, the organization was established on 24 October 1945
Eligibility criteria Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment. Description of task Given the current working arrangements due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the tasks described here-below will have to be undertaken remotely in whichever country the selected candidate is based, until further notice.
Under the direct supervision of Head – Programme Coherence/Assurance Unit the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Monitors project review processes and schedules related to the unit’s outputs; where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant administrative requirements.
- Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors change and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Supports a wide range of administrative roles such as recruitment, procurement, contract administration, travel and consultant payments as per UN administrative and financial rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Provides secretarial and administrative support to Project Review Committee (PRC) meetings, conferences.
- Monitors the UNEP-PRC email to ensure PCAU actions on requests within set timelines.
- Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of communication documents, memos and reports.
- Support tracking project submissions to PRC Secretariat.
- Performs data entry and extraction functions on Microsoft excel.
- Generates a variety of standard statistical reports, etc., using various databases.
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases for work unit.
- Tracks email communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:
- Education – Additional Comments: Business Administration, Project Management or related area
Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- Experience in business administration support or related area is required.
- Experience working on projects and project data management is desirable.
- Proven experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel is desirable.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Platform ERP systems e. g umoja is an added advantage.
- Previous experience at the United Nations, UNEP or other international organizations on administration, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or environment would be considered an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme/project administration, Administration and administrative assistance, Other development programme/project experience Area of expertise details: Project administration support Driving license: No Competencies values: Accountability, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams