Assistant Board Services Manager Jobs, Legal Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya Railways Corporation Jobs
- Coordinating Board matters by preparing and dispatching Board Agendas, Board papers, board minutes and board action reports;
- Preparing and managing the Board annual work plans;
- Preparing of Board Minutes, ensuring that they are confirmed and filed;
- Communicating decisions of the Board to the Managing Director for appropriate action;
- Monitoring implementation of Board decisions and preparing reports to the Board;
- Custody of the Corporation seal and sealed legal documents;
- Preparing reports on use of the Corporation Seal;
- Coordinating induction and continuous development of Directors;
- Coordinating Governance Audits and preparing reports required by the State Corporations Advisory Committee (SCAC);
- Coordinating evaluation of the performance of the Board and preparing report to SCAC;
- Prepare the Board Calendar and disseminate to Management staff;
- Follow up with Management staff to ensure all Board papers are ready and disseminated on time;
- Collate and analyze data related to Board Members and Board activities;
- Follow up on compliance with Mwongozo Guidelines on Board affairs.
- Preparing and monitoring of the Division’s budgets and expenditures;
- Implementing and benchmarking best practices in Board matters;
- Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized institution
- Post graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya
- Valid Practicing License
- Working experience of not less than eight years (8), two (2) of which must have been at Principal Legal Officer level in the Corporation or in a comparable position in the Public service or in other reputable organization
- Certified Public Secretary in good standing.
- Certificate in Management/Leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer