- Company: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in KenyaBusiness/Administration Jobs in Kenya
Our client, a National farmers’ Co-operative Federation is seeking to fill the vacant position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Reporting to the Board of Directors of the Federation, the job requirements are:
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Chief Executive Officer of the Federation and secretary to the Board.
- Charged with the responsibility of overseeing the proper implementation of all Federation policies as directed by the board of directors.
- Administration of all the subsidiaries, departments/functional units as well as branches.
- Carry out lobbying and advocacy functions on behalf of the Federation and stakeholders
- Provision of leadership to all the Federation’ internal management teams.
- Provision of technical advice and operational feedback to the Federation board of directors and board sub-committees so as to assist them in the formulation of policies and regular review of the existing policies.
- Ensuring that plans, procedures, rules, manuals, programs, systems, controls, and structures are in place for the smooth running of operations and attainment of the Federation objectives.
- Development of appropriate organizational structures that will lead to optimum utilization of all Federation resources.
- Ensuring effective supervision of staff at all levels of the organization in order to achieve optimal institution effectiveness.
- Ensuring proper administration of staff in accordance with the Federation’s Human Resource policy and existing labor laws.
- Provision of guidance to the Federation board of directors in the recruitment and deployment of staff.
- To cultivate and encourage productivity and results-oriented culture in the Federation.
- Ensuring existence of and compliance with proper framework to analyze business results with a view to reviewing various strategies and/or effective control measures.
- Keeping abreast with all material undertakings of the Federation and all material factors affecting the Federation and to ensure that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the CEO and management are adequately informed.
- To ensure that the Board is adequately informed and that sufficient information is provided to enable the Directors form appropriate judgments
- In concert with the Board Chairman, to determine the date, time and location of the annual general meeting and develop the agenda for the meeting
- Performs other duties assigned by the board of directors from time to time.
Skills, Competencies and Experience.
The incumbent will be required to have the following skills, attributes, and competencies;
- A bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Development Studies, business, or a closely related field and a minimum of 7 years experience in senior management in a lobbying and advocacy entity preferably in the agricultural commodities value chains.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Good Analytical skills- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work-flows and procedures.
- Problem-Solving skills – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Good strategy management and implementation
- Proficiency in ICT
- Team work