- Company: Kakamega County Public Service Board
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kakamega
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Kakamega County is one of the 47 counties in the Republic of Kenya. It borders Vihiga County to the south, Siaya County to the West, Bungoma County to the North and Nandi County to the East. The county covers an area of 3050.3 Km2 (Kakamega CDP, 2013). The altitude of the county is between 1,240 metres and 2,000 metres above sea level.
Terms of Service: Contract (2 years) Salary Scale: CPSB 02 Remuneration: Kshs. 133,870 x 6,570 – 140,440 x 6,670 – 147,210 x 6,960 – 154,170 x 7,160 -161,330×7,810 – 169,140×13,680 – 182,820 x 14,980 – 197,800pm.
For appointment to this position, a person should:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have at least ten (10) years relevant professional experience, five (5) years of which should be in a leadership position or in a senior management level in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Have proven experience in managing resources in a high performing organization;
- Possess knowledge and skills in the following areas: Project Planning and Management;Public Financial Management; Human Resource Management; Conflict Resolution Management; Strategic Management and Leadership;
- Have excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of county development objectives and Vision 2030;
- Be a strategic thinker and results oriented;
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines;
- Meet the requirements prescribed in Chapter six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity;
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage; and
- Membership to a professional body will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief Officer will be the Authorized and Accounting Officer of the Department. He/she will be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member for the administration of the Department.
Specific duties include:
- Administration of the County Department;
- Formulation and implementation of programs to attain Vision 2030 and sector goals;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans;
- Implementation of policies and regulations;
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery;
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of the Department’s financial and non-financial resources including management, control and reporting on financial information, material resources and facilities;
- Building human resource capacity by developing and implementing human resource plans for the Department;
- Efficient and effective service delivery to the public;
- Promoting the realization of County Integrated Development Plan (CIDP): and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
- Persons living with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce certified copies of originals of their National Identity Card, academic, professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.